“Good food, lots of sports, friendly people.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Seattle, Washington
“Good food, lots of sports, friendly people.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was nearby taking a class and ran in here to get some lunch with a friend. There are a zillion TVs all with different sports/games showing so I am sure it would be too noisy for me when they were busy but we were there early afternoon and it was only a quarter full. That being said, we both ordered burgers (mine veggie and my friends was chicken) and they both got rave reviews. The fries were soooo good. A lot of people are making sweet potato fries these days and West End's are delicious. I definitely recommend this restaurant for good solid pub food!

• Visited October 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Best. Sweet. Potato. Fries. Ever.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

The West End Pub & Grill is a long-time Tacoma fixture, so I'm surprised I had to request adding it to TripAdvisor to write a review. For forever, some of my friends have had their softball team sponsored here, so naturally our unsophisticated internal GPS would lead right to the Westy post-game.

You can get your multiple TV's, you can get damn good burgers, you can get domestics and microbrews, attentive service [it was a slow night, but we had two servers for our group of 10 who made sure our water never ran out, we had sauces & dips, etc. Kudos to them -- they earned the 30% tip!]

Food highlight of the night? Heaping baskets of crispy hot sweet potato fries. If I knew their food supplier, I'd invest. If I knew the name of the fry cook, I'd call it out in praise. Will have to settle for saying we ordered two baskets and they were GONE in short order, devoured even by guys claiming to be STUFFED on their burgers and sandwiches. The best sweet potatoe fries I've ever had, acknowledging these frites are now as ubiquitious as bellybuttons and subtle sense of dread that the M's might not have enough offensive firepower once again.

Drink highlight: well, introducing some members of our party to their first shot of Fireball but more importantly enjoying a nice rando selection of pitchers and pints from the Westy's variety of handles.

One note: the wall of mirror on one side makes it feel a little strip clubby ... but I'd still hustle on and off the field to expedite my arrival at the wily veteran West End.

• Visited March 2012