“Great seaside treasure!”

Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My recent weekend stay at the Silver Cloud Inn far exceeded my expectations. Checking in early on Friday, the very pleasant and professional manager accommodated my early check in with no hassle. I found my room (King room with fireplace, huge flatscreen TV) to be a cozy delight. The views are amazing, both at sunrise and sunset. I was pleasantly surprised with array of items served at the complimentary breakfast in the morning. Having to do some business during my stay, I was thrilled with the high speed internet and did not experience any problems. The Inn's location was fantastic- a short walk to many restaurants, the local Starbucks and several piers for great photo ops. I would absolutely recommend this Inn to anyone traveling to the Tacoma area.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room with a fireplace!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My parents recently stayed here for a night on their 40th anniversary road trip. To help make their stay more special, I called ahead to pay to upgrade their room and have some extras in their room when they arrived. The GM, Dan O'Leary, personally called me to help arrange to make my parents's stay perfect. He went to the store himself to pick up a basket of treats to put in their room. And I paid to upgrade their room from a King Waterfront room, to a a Deluxe King Waterfront room with a fireplace. When they arrived, the hotel had put them in an even nicer room way out over the water, with a jacuzzi tub and everything - on the house! The hotel was very accommodating in helping me make the stay special for my parents, and my parents had a great room with a great view. The hotel, and their GM, went above and beyond and certainly earned a 5 star rating!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed a few nights in one of the Inn's better rooms. The room was comfortable, well equipped (2 large screen LCD TV sets, small fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, iron etc). and had a great view of the bay. The complimentary breakfast was adequate with a few nice touches like self-made waffles. All of the grounds and common areas were clean and well kept. The staff was excellent, they were efficient, very helpful, and friendly including all of those we just passed in the halls. I wouldn't call the Inn elegant but it was nice and well maintained. It seemed to have a fair number of business travellers staying there. The inn may be a little overpriced, but was a nice place to stay on Tacoma's waterfront.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra for a better room. All of the rooms appear to be well equipped and all have s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed two nights here and loved it. The rooms overlook the water and the windows are huge. There are several restaurants up and down the waterfront here and it's easy access to other areas: we're about 2 blocks from Old Town. We had problems with our air conditioner and the guy was there to fix it almost before we hung up the phone. The rooms have a refrigerator (empty - not stuffed with things to buy!) and a microwave and there is breakfast in the lobby (including two hot items and blueberry and regular waffles). The newspaper they leave at the door is the local paper but they have USA Today in the lobby. The train goes by several times a day and night but it wasn't disurbing. We stayed one night at the Hotel Murano (awful) and then switched to the Silver Cloud and it was like night and day. Breakfast, parking and internet were all included at Silver Cloud and rooms, location and staff were all better at Silver Cloud. We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request as far out on the water as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robinh
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were in WA for 10 days & had not planned to visit Tacoma. However, while out on the coast and figuring out how to visit Mt. Ranier and ultimately get to Seatac easily we decided to give Tacoma a whirl as a launching point. I picked the Silver Cloud based on TripAdvisor and being on the water. I called the morning of our arrival to book 2 nights and had a lovely chat with the woman on the phone. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded by the sales manager. Lovely surprise. We were on the 3rd floor looking at the Bay. We didn't need the fireplace as it was in the 70's, but a nice addition. Nicely appointed room for a "chain" and they even have Aveda bath products - pretty upscale. The front desk ladies were a pleasure and very helpful and fun (esp Shelley). The evening gentleman was a bit aloof. There were 5 restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. Complimentary breakfast was good although not on par with the Marriott properties we usually visit - Residence Inn and Fairfield. Breakfast room is a nice venue, but a tad small when busy. Sadly no indoor pool or hot tub. All in all an unexpected pleasure in a spot we didn't plan to visit. And, it is an easy shot to get to from I-5.

Room Tip: 3rd floor; closer to water, more expensive - I hear no bad views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The view from our room was stunning, good restaurants were within walking distance.staff was helpful. The breakfast scene was a bit chaotic and under supplied due to a seemingly large wedding party, but more than adequate for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I actually selected this place based on reviews on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed my stay there, and only wish I could have enjoyed more time at this hotel.
The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and made recommendations on dining establishments within walking distance when I asked (their recommendation was indeed good).
I was in a king-sized suite overlooking the water. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the view was lovely. The jacuzzi in the room was a nice addition, to help unwind from the neck tension that one encounters after a flight across the continent. The complimentary breakfast was good, with ample seating and newspapers provided for convenience.
I sincerely hope for an opportunity to return here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business