I'd give the Silver Cloud Inn a "5" but for an attitude problem we experienced on check in. The guy behind the desk wasn't particularly welcoming, seemed a bit arrogant, and (when we asked about a "good" place to eat near the Tacoma Dome) referred us to a food court that was smelly and unappetizing. It appeared that he thought we were only likely to appreciate mediocre food, and we're pretty sure he didn't have the correct information about mass transit to the Dome during a concert.
Anyway: the place was spotlessly clean, very comfortable (although the in-room heater was kind of noisy), had a great breakfast buffet (not just a Continental breakfast!), and every other staff member was friendly, competent, and helpful. We'll come back and just hope we don't get the same desk clerk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Tacoma's Old Town community is the Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma Waterfront, Tacoma's only waterfront hotel. Our hotel is conveniently located just two miles north of downtown Tacoma's amazing museum district, and is only 10 minutes from Tacoma Dome & Convention Center. All the hotel guestrooms have waterfront views with 55" flat screen TVs and include complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, and refrigerators. A complimentary Silver Cloud Breakfast is provided in addition to our fitness and business centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma Hotel Tacoma
- Silver Cloud Hotel Tacoma
- Silver Cloud Tacoma