I recently traveled to Tacoma to photograph a wedding in late December. The bride and groom had reserved a view room for me at this hotel. It was wonderful!
You see, as a photographer and traveler, all I really want from any room is for it to be clean with a clean bathroom and to have a desk on which I can place my laptop so I can get work done. The free WiFi, the coffee maker, mini-fridge, flat-screen TV and beautiful view of Commencement Bay were the icing on the cake.
During my 2-night stay, I found no fault with anything in my room or in the hotel. This place serves a free continental breakfast from 6AM to 9AM that includes cereal, toast, bagels, sausage, scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles with a wafflemaker, juice and coffee, and probably some other items about which I am forgetting to list. A free daily paper is also left at the door of each occupied room.
There's a walkway all the way around the outside of the hotel, with beautiful views of Commencement Bay. The hotel itself is easy to get to, and it's located near the part of Tacoma called "Old Town", with easy walking access (mostly uphill) to various shops and eateries. It's also a short drive distance from the hotel to other shops and restaurants. The beautiful and quiet Chinese Reconciliation Park is a short walk away, with great views of the bay.
Desk reception was friendly, courteous, and helpful, and there is plenty of parking around the hotel. There is an in-house fitness room which I did not access. And aside from the continental breakfast, there is no in-house restaurant or bar, so keep that in mind if those are things important to you.
If I am ever up that way again, this is the hotel at which I will definitely stay. It has easy in-out access and is not too far away from such places as the Tacoma Museum of Glass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Tacoma's Old Town community is the Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma Waterfront, Tacoma's only waterfront hotel. Our hotel is conveniently located just two miles north of downtown Tacoma's amazing museum district, and is only 10 minutes from Tacoma Dome & Convention Center. All the hotel guestrooms have waterfront views with 55" flat screen TVs and include complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, and refrigerators. A complimentary Silver Cloud Breakfast is provided in addition to our fitness and business centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma Hotel Tacoma
- Silver Cloud Hotel Tacoma
- Silver Cloud Tacoma