“Best Raw food I have ever had”
Review of Amerawcan Bistro - CLOSED

Amerawcan Bistro
Reviewed October 9, 2013

So.. I just did a detox at OHI and living a consulting lifestyle I find it very hard to maintain a Raw Vegan Diet... however Tacoma made it really easy with this amazing Amerawcan Bistro.. the food is way tastier than anything I have eaten.. the Jicima Tacos are to die for!

Service is very nice.. food can get a little expensive if you a foodie like me, but its totally worth it.

Definitely gets a 5 star for taste and effort to accomodate this not so tasty diet that a lot of us are trying out!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just went here last night. What a pleasure it is to go to a restaurant as a vegan and not have to worry or question the food. I had the enchilada, husband had the taco special and we shared a cup of corn chowder.........everthing Delicious!

2  Thank sis0876
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I think they have recently undergone a staff change. The servers are GREAT! At their suggestion, the three of us ladies chose one of 4 course tasters ($20), added 1 special entree and 1 desert. This was a lot of food!! Very reasonable prices for what you get, and very reasonable for a raw place. I love everything, especially the "linguine alfredo". Crazy yummy! They also have wonderful juices and a couch where you can hang out and just sip coffee/juice. So this place is good for a full meal, a night out, or cafe style sit and read your book kind of place. Well done Amerawcan- love this place!

2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Me and my daughter had Tacoma as one of the lodging cities in our trip through the Northwestern part of Washington, and it was quite a delightful experience to have lunch at the AmeRAWcan Bistro. A spatious hall with rooms wide apart ensure that your conversation won't be disturbed by nearby customers. There was some music being played at a low volume. The unpretentious decoration had everything chosen with good taste. And now for the most important regarding a restaurant: FOOD and service!

Service - We were served by a soft-spoken, very polite and sympathetic young man, who made sure everything was OK every now and then, but not as often as to disturb the conversation. He suggested the menu itens that would be ready in less time, since it was a little late for lunch already. (We had planned to have lunch at Le Voyeur in Olympia, WA, but the hole street was powerless). Our waiter also managed to be very informative about the menu options.
The food - my daughter had the Jicama Tacos and I had a raw onion bread sandwich, with avocado, smoked turkey, honey mustard and vegetables. Theses dishes were terrific! Tasteful, healthy and fullfling meal, thumbs up for the chef!
But the best was yet to come. I ordered the Blueberry/Lemon Cheesecake and a capuccino to finish this experience with a sweet taste in our mouths.
Holy smoke! This cheesecake is to die for! Fenomenal, unforgetable, divine! Definitely recommended!

7  Thank BrunoLonx
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Passing through Tacoma on a driving trip and needed a good place to eat dinner. Saw the menu on Trip Advisor and it looked very interesting. We decided to try it. It was easy to find and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and the ingredients. John had the 4 courses meal for $20 and I ordered 4 different things ala carte. From the stuffed mushroom caps, to the gazpacho, vege nut pate wrap, the orange and greens salad, lettuce wrap turkey sandwich, zucchini fettachini with Alfredo sauce. It was unbelievable. Everything was wonderful. We have never eaten at a raw food restaraunt before and weren't planning to tonight. I wanted beef. I'm so glad we chose this instead. Can't say enough good things about the food and service. A winner for Tacoma.

2  Thank mrmjhw