“A delicious way to eat healthy”
Review of Amerawcan Bistro - CLOSED

Amerawcan Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
“A delicious way to eat healthy”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The creativity and presentation of the food are surpassed only by the taste. We were each presented with a custom iPad displaying their full food and drink menu. We each chose the 4-course sampler and there was not a bite left on our plates. If you're looking for something new and refreshing, check them out.
BTW, we discovered this place via a Groupon.

1 Thank drhon

Seattle, Washington
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have had dinner at AmeRAWcan twice now, and I think this is our new favorite restaurant! It is primarily raw/vegan food, although they do have a few items that would technically not qualify as such. I would recommend the 4 course dinner for $19.95 that includes your choice of appetizer, soup or salad, entree, and dessert. Who knew that raw and vegan could be so yummy? We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Thank you!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We thought we were going to have to settle on the usual fried fare at Taste of Tacoma. Instead we dined on the fine raw food of this bistro, food designed to make you feel good during and after eating. We had zucchini enchiladas, and jicama tacos, coconut water and macaroons. All were absolutely delicious. The servers were gracious and warm. We will be dining at the restaurant very soon and look forward to it.

• Visited June 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“AMAZING”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is my new favorite restaurant. We are mostly vegetarian, not vegan and I really have no interest in the theoretical part of raw dining but the food here is amazing. My husband had the daily special which was an enchilada - I only got a couple of bites but it was amazing - I hope they have it the next time I go so I can eat more! The 4-course sampler is an outstanding deal - 4 FULL SIZED portions- appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert for 19:95- basically the dessert and half an appetizer are free!!! I had the falafel salad entree which was nothing like any falafel I'd ever had, which seemed odd since traditional felafel seems pretty raw-vegan friendly, but the crunchy sesame patties crumbled over the kale and greek veggie salad was delicious. The creamy tomato soup seemed a lot like gazpacho to me since it is cold, but again, extremely delicious. They actually had a warm soup as the special =carrot-ginger, which my husband enjoyed. The piece-de-resistance was the chocolate cheesecake- AWESOME- best cheesecake EVER. it was more like a chocolate ganache. Hard to believe there is no dairy in it. It has to be a zillion calories but totally worth it.
Our service was good but on a Wed night it was pretty empty.
I am trying to figure out how I can eat there as often as I can before the prices go up- the prices are amazing considering how labor intensive all the dishes are.
As long as you don't despise vegetables just GO- you'll be happy with something on

• Visited March 2012
Seattle
“Great new healthy option in T-Town!”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Whether you are a diehard raw foodie or just want to try something new, AmeRawcan is a unique delicious experience and a very refreshing addition to Tacoma! My husband I tried AmeRawcan while on a 21 day raw food cleanse – we loved it! We split the veggie nut pate rolls, Mediterranean Falafel and ginger carrot soup, my favorite was the falafel, the soup was a little over gingery for my taste but my husband enjoyed it. The server was very knowledgeable of the benefits of raw food and he was also a lot of fun to chat with. For those non-vegan or raw eaters AmeRawcan also offers organic deli sandwiches using breads from the essential baking company, organic meats and cheeses! We have already recommended AmeRawcan to some of our other vegan friends and we will definitely be going back to visit!

• Visited September 2011