“great lunch prices with delicious food”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #45 of 761 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our family of 4 has ate there 3 times in the last month, twice for lunch and once for dinner. We usually don't eat out quite so often at 1 place but we joined their rewards program and started using their new phone app and have received some great deals that we couldn't pass up. It is a busy place but with the new phone app you can be put at the top of the waiting list...even so, the wait was still about 10 minutes for dinner / 5 minutes for lunch. The service is average. The lunch prices are great compared to applebees or red robin. I'd much rather go to bj's. They also have a diverse menu to choose from. The food is delicious. My favorite is the the corn fritter in the small bites section (only $3 something for 4 little balls but they are heavenly dipped in the sauce thats drizzled on the plate) and enlightened chicken tacos ($5.99 lunch special. I do not buy these because I'm trying to watch my weight, but the taste is wonderful...I'm a big fan of street tacos). The pizzas are tasty also. And finally the desserts are so yummy. OK. So you can order ahead with the new phone app and save $5 right now if you purchase over $20. You give a time you will be there and as soon as you are seated they will start your order. It does save some time. And you can now pay with your phone if you want to....no waiting for the server to get you the check. Sorry this is so long but there was just so many good things to share.

There are newer reviews for BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A much better experience than you would expect in an out lot of a mall. This restaurant was very busy, a bit noisy, but really very nice. Our server was timely, pleasant, and very good at his job. The food was terrific and priced reasonably. Good place!

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been a few times for the avocado egg rolls (which are amazing) but everything else is mediocre.
I never enjoy meal. I sent my burger back because it tasted moldy and got attitude from the manager.
And when the check comes, I always feel buyers remorse. Like I spent too much for crap food.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a total of 16 people for a business meeting. Not to far from lakewood just five minutes. All of us had great meals our waiters were great and handled us wonderfully. The dessert was the best part and service was outstanding.defintely would come back.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were in town from British Columbia, Canada and did not know where to go. This place was recommended by hotel staff and we were so glad they were. There were 5 of us in our party and we were seated immediately on a friday night. We were looking for good food and good booze and we had both. All of us were raving about our meals and we all had something different. Our server was named Amanda and she was fantastic! They had never heard of the only cocktail I like to drink but when I explained how to make it (and I'm fussy about that), they made it absolutely perfect! The prices were reasonable and the decor was very nice with large open spaces so you didn't feel crowded. I will definitely recommend this place to friends who travel to Tacoma and look forward to an opportunity to return in the future.

Been to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse? Share your experiences!