“Great little spot for lunch!”
Review of The Spar

The Spar
Ranked #42 of 754 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Great little spot for lunch!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have lived in Tacoma for 25 years and just visited the Spar for lunch. It is a great little place with really good food. I had chili the day I was there. It was flavorful and just the right amount. I enjoyed lunch and plan to return!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jacquie H

Portland, Oregon
“Lucky find”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were on our way to somewhere else but I put the address in my phone wrong. Ended up here since we needed something to eat. Good food and great service.

Visited July 2013
Chicago
“Great neighborhood bar, excellent food”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

First visited this bar on a Friday afternoon for lunch. The fish tacos were amazing. Loved the food and the view so much, we went back on Saturday evening for dinner. Had a great evening listening to the live New Orleans jazz band that happened to be playing. You can't go wrong with The Spar.

Visited June 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Worth a try”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've been to the Spar twice now. Both times good. Some creative menu choices. Like many places in this area great coffee. The type of place to strike up a conversation with someone you dont know. A few places to sit outside on a nice day.

• Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Oldest tavern in town”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Spar is in Oldtown Tacoma and is the oldest tavern in town with has lots of atmosphere and down to earth ambience. The food is very good tavern fare with a nice selection on the menu and they are known for their Spar Chips. I especially like the turkey burger. I'm not a drinker but my friends tell me they have lots of good beers. In the back, past the bar is a pool table and a smaller room where they have music on the weekends. It can get VERY noisy, even without music. Fortunately they have a connecting coffee house/cafe which is much quieter. It's a great place to stop for a bite to eat before or after taking a nice walk along the waterfront, which is only a block down the hill.

• Visited May 2013