“Hookers Paradise”

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Anacortes, Washington
“Hookers Paradise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I wouldnt wish this place on my worst enemy. I'm an easy to please person, but there's nothing pleasant about this place. The web site said its been remodeled but by the look of it, that was a bold face lie. Our room was so disgusting I made my husband take me to the store to get cleaning products so I could clean it before my 21 month old touched anything. The toilet had pubic hair on it and did not flush right. The shower was scary. The carpet looked like it had never been cleaned. It was very old and very stained. Our friends stayed in another room and they've dubbed this place "Crap night Inn"We stayed in the front part of the hotel and I was told the back part was worse! We stayed on the 3rd floor and the elevator was out of order. So we had to lug all of our stuff up the gross stairs. When we checked in, my husband had to ask where the room was and he acted like he was being put out. We saw a hooker and her pimp walking around. The breakfast was OK. The pool hasnt been used in years. People living there are questionable. What got me was the fact that the owner was driving an $80,000 car. Instead of driving that he should have put that money into repairing the units like he lied about he did. Dont stay here here. It may be cheap but soooooo not worth it. If it could rate it worse then terrible I would.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, very disgusting!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Anacortes, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place is a dump. How can they say 'newly remodeled'? This place has dirt and scum from the 80's. Do not stay here!! It is disgusting. The back building is for the truckers, hookers, and homeless. Our dog was so anxious, he just shook, and did not sleep at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Ketchikan, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place was a dump i took a chance after reading on their site that it was newly remodeled when in the 80's? there was stains in the carpet burn holes in the blankets a hole in the wall of my room the toilet barely flushed the elevator was out of order and the hand rail on the stairwell was shaky and loose and there where places on the floor that when you stepped down felt like the floor boards where broken and after checking in the guy didnt even tell me where to find my room i had to ask where to go!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AzhreiKetchikan
Lakewood, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed there due to our power being out and it was too cold for our children. We were laying in the bed and notice something moving on the bedspread. IT WAS A BED BUG! Not just one, but four of them! they were big adult ones too. Then we set out to search the room a little more and noticed that there were some smaller ones with the clear bodies with the red bellies. They had just fed. We called and told the manager and he moved us into a different room. This one as far as we could tell was clean but when we returned home a few days later we noticed bites starting to appear. We talked to the general manager and he told us that even if we had the doctor note and pictures that we were liars that they had just cleaned the room and didnt find any bed bugs. I have pictures and testimony. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: check for bed bugs.. and make sure you have a clean room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Caty D
South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Not worth staying here to save a few dollars. Room stunk, literally had dead ticks & bugs on the floor, no pens, phone book, coffee pot (as they said they had in all rooms), cups were dirty that were upside down on shelf, and ice bucket filthy inside. Carpeting was stained in room & hallway, sheets had a few small stains on them which makes you VERY uncomfortable wondering why, and the breakfast in the morning had people touching food others were going to eat. Other people staying here in the hotel made you question if the state put drug addicts, possible college kids, and homeless in here. They weren't the type of people anyone is comfortable being around. Not stereotyping, but they were all low class, need a shower, drug fix, or just off the street look about them. Hotel was also very very cold in the hallways from outside. Breakfast area is near front door which was kept open for whatever reason, but smokers outside had smoke going into breakfast area along with the cold. NOT WORTH STAYING HERE!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Don't.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Wynyard, SK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Pretty dirty motel. Stayed here one night with friends and would not recommend it. Dirty rooms with dirty carpets. Not very nice

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New Bern, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

OK.... well having to return after many years to help bury my Father, I remembered that I once stayed in Fife (many years ago), which is close to Tacoma. My partner accompanied me on this trip. When we arrived to Days INN in Fife, Washington we were greeted by the staff (friendly). After a mess up with arrangments, with the room, Expedia problem, all was straightened out. We were showed to our room, and first of all the card key would not work. We then reurned with staff person who said, having problems with keys not working, might need to swipe it again. Well it then worked. We went into the room, and looked around.
First I must say the room was very nice, and the Bathroom was as wide as the room (loved it).The toilet has heated water, LOL, but there was no hot water in the sink, but if you allowed the water in teh shower to run for a while, you could get warm water to wash with.
Next we noticed the mattress, as we sat down on it, it was so soft, I think it was a pillow top.
We started turning on the lights in the room, as it was getting dark, and noticed the standing floor lap had one of those energy bulbs, that was cool but the bulb was laying on it side, not attached to the holder with the wire showing. I callled the office to let them know and the gal told me that nothing could be done with it, no one available to check it out. Just dont use it. Not good answer
Well there was one nice feature with the ..the continental breakfast was yummy.
Also accross the street, walking distance, was the Emerald Green Casino and Hotel. If you like the slots there are many of them . all penny machines, so you can bet as much as you want. Also tables with Poker, 21, and Craps. The casino has cards that you are issued when you sign up first time. If you gamble for atleast two hours you are given a voucher for one of the best buffets i have eaten at. Also there is another casino, owned by the same company ,which has shuttle service so you do not have to drive to it. We ate all 5 days at the buffets when we were there, and it was very filling.
Back to the Days Inn... I think it is an ok place, clean and the staff seems to care somewhat, but instead of swiping our key card for the fulll five days we were there,the gal only swiped it for one day. We had to return numerous times for the key not working in our door lock. This was frustrating to say the least.
Well those are a few things that might help another who is planning on staying at the Days Inn in Fife. Hope it helps someone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tacoma
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle
Quality Inn & Suites
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown

Been to GuestHouse Inn Fife? Share your experiences!