“They HATE Military”
Review of Tacoma Comedy Club

Tacoma Comedy Club
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place charged us an extra $17 for two drinks we did not have!!!! The staff was rude to our entire party from the time we walked in until we left. There was a table of people next to us that were harassing the "Not so funny" comedians and they were never spoken to. However, when my husband said, "HOOAH", the staff told us to be quiet. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had!!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!!!!

5  Thank Jackie D
TacomaComedy, Owner at Tacoma Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

One of our owners is retired Air-force, and we offer military discounts, and free admission to military and spouses every Friday at 10:30; so clearly we do not hate the military.

And yes, you were asked not to talk, as was everyone else. You were only charged for what you drank. In fact, two of the people in your party came to our show the next time and apologized for your behavior.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been to a quite a few comedy clubs in quite a few different cities and I like this one a lot. I have been a few times and the comedians are all pretty funny. I always sit up front because I'm like I paid good money and I want to experience the whole deal. Sometimes I get targeted but never anything crazy. It's all in good fun. My wife and I filled out the cards at the table and we get free admission on our birhdays. You can't beat that. If it's free it's for me I always say. The food was tasty and reasonably priced but the drinks, as it is with anywhere you go are expensive. Guess they gotta pay the comics somehow.

1  Thank Diesel2167
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went to this establishment to watch Rebecca Corry perform. This is a great place for comedy show. Hey have a full bar and a food menu that is ok (nachos, sandwiches, etc..). Yet you can make a good evening out of it. Free parking on the streets after 6pm. The doors open promptly at 7pm for the 8pm show. This place is spacious however; depending on the comedian, it can get sold out fairly quickly. I've been here twice and seating is on a first come first placement. Since I came right at openning both times, I was seated pretty close to the stage. My dinner was ok but, what do you expect from a comedy club. I did love those crunchy fries. They normally have like two or three comedians do the openning for the headliner. It was great fun. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Went to this club last night; we did have a Groupon, which I had purchased quite some time ago, so admission was "free" (without it, I believe admission was $15). Had a nice table, the place was crowded, the service was slow because of the crowd, but attentive and amusing. The comedy was outlandish, with an intro man, a warm-up guy, and the main event....all funny, the main event being hysterically so. I had a lovely drink called "Damn The Rain," which is appropriate here, and my son was able to get his Snake Bite, whatever that is. Just FYI, our ages ranged from 22 to 60 and everybody had a good time.

2  Thank twincitiesmom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband, a friend and I attended the Tacoma Comedy Club for the first time. We went to see a friend who is a stand up comic. We enjoyed the show, although the first two acts weren't great.

We had free tickets, but it would have been worth paying the price.

Drinks were steep at 8-9 dollars and we paid 9 dollars for a chicken strip basket that had only 2 chicken strips that were overcooked, and fries that were lukewarm. My friend ordered bacon cheese fries were 7 dollars and "not that great".

So, go enjoy the comedy but eat somewhere else!

1  Thank cherimmhmm