“Bbq Lover”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

So, I love Bbq and like when I can find a really tasty place to enduldge in that craving moment of tender saucy meat ;)) andddddd this place served me justice! I ordered pulled pork and must add i was satisfied upon leaving. Great Place

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I participated in a unit-sponsored event at this restaurant and found the experience to be QUITE enjoyable! For the event, we were tarted to a buffet of ribs, chicken, baked beans, cole slaw, and cornbread...just delicious! Aside from the great food, the staff was TREMENDOUSLY helpful. Overall, I would highly recommend this restaurant for organizations hosting an event.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

It's Father's Day and we headed to Dave's for the garbage can lid feast. It's my husband's favorite and always a hit. Ribs, chicken, pulled pork, fries, beans, coleslaw and cornbread. Enough for 6 or 4 really hungry folks. Basically it's real man food and you have to get messy. Don't wear white. If you leave hungry it's your own fault. Prompt waitstaff is a bonus. We sat in the bar on those horrible tall chairs. Hate them. Food was hot and good and the drinks are plentiful. Give it a go but don't wear white.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The barbequed brisket was great but a touch dry for my tastes, and the grilled pineapple was tasty, but the sweet corn was overcooked. I like that you have several sauces to try. It's a great spot for large groups -- we had 15 in our party and got seated right away and received fast, friendly service. (They don't take reservations, but you can call ahead to give them a heads up.) I'd go here over other more traditional chains like Applebee's or Friday's.

1  Thank Tigger1971
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My colleagues and I decided to visit Famous Dave's as it was close to our hotel. There was a 15-20 minute wait, which I normally see as a good sign, and the atmosphere within the restaurant seemed average. Staff were friendly and approachable. I ordered spicy sausage and spicy pork, which came with what I think was coleslaw, baked beans. I'm not generally fussy about my BBQ, as a local spot spoiled me and lulled me into the false belief that what they provide is the standard everywhere. This is not the case.

I'm used to pulled pork, and what I received were little bits of pork slathered in hot sauce. I can't stand chucks of fat or gristle in my food, and I was surprised just how many fat chucks were hidden in this messy looking dish. Baked beans were overseasoned and watery, while the coleslaw seemed rather suspect, being pinkish in color. The spicy sausage seemed a bit better, so I concentrated on that.

The service was, as I mentioned, friendly, though somewhat slow towards the end of our meal. By this time my stomach started to react to the food I ate, and I could hear loud grumbles. I really wanted some banana pudding, so I got it to go. I ate the pudding a day later, and it was actually delicious.

I will probably not return to Famous Dave's, considering the stomach discomfort I had experienced. However, some of you brave souls may find this restaurant to be satisfactory and pleasing, and to you I say Bon Apetit. To the others, I suggest going to a few nearby restaurants. Either way, make sure you enjoy your meal, and thanks for reading!

1  Thank TravelinSonja