“Outstanding collection in an amazing setting.”

LeMay Museum at Marymount
Ranked #8 of 82 things to do in Tacoma
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My beau and I visited the LeMay Museum collection after I purchased an online deal. I initially thought the deal was for the LeMay Car Museum, which is a totally different animal. This collection is the personal collection of the family, set on many acres of what was once a Catholic school. The setting is spectacular, surrounded by trees.

The cars are housed in several different buildings and the collection is varied and formidable. I loved the different buildings that are on the property! It is definitely a trek to reach the collection but it is worth the time. And as an added bonus, the tour guides and volunteers are very helpful and colorful.

1  Thank sallyvonbutane

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Zoom through the years and look for your first car and or maybe your grandfathers! Need more time to explore and see all that there is to see.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We took our 2 year old and he was so excited since he loves any kind of vehicle. The simulator looks really cool. We spent 3 hours there but we honestly could have spent longer. The cafe has good affordable food. Take a stroller for little ones. This place reminded me of my Dad. He loved cars. Great place for all ages.

1  Thank Kerseybears
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Just like a previous reviewer, we got a Groupon thinking it was for the other place on the freeway. Since it was no good there, we bought tickets anyway and enjoyed ourselves.

Flash forward a year and a half and our visitors return wanting to try the Marymount location. Again, our expired Groupon was accepted.

this is a huge collection and a MUCH better experience than the other place. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and very entertaining. Even my better half, who has no interest in cars at all, was entertained.

The saddest part for me was that I got to see at least a half a dozen cars there like the ones that I had owned a a kid. I guess that means I am OLD! ;-)

3  Thank Olfar
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great preservation of a historic landmark to house and display some of the amazing private collections of Harold LeMay. Worth the visit, a must on any car enthusiasts bucket list.

2  Thank Susan R