“Really a great fine”

Paya Thai Fish & Chips
Ranked #75 of 770 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just kind of stumbled onto this place after leaving the Glass Blowing Museum. The place is in a closed in mall with lots of other kinds of restaurants in it and little stores. We almost didn't stop but glad we did. I had the clam chowder, very very good, and I am picky about my chowder meaning it must have clams in it. My husband had there special which was 3 pieces off fish, 3 large fried shrimp and fries. It was so much food for the price. When they brought us our food they automatically brought 2 spoons and an xtra plate, must have known we were going to share things. The eateries are nothing fancy so don't let the looks fool you. Give it a try.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ended up eating here because the place we had come to eat had gone out of business. The service was amazing and the food not only delicious but artfully arranged. It looked like some of the dishes we have eaten on the cruise ships. I had the fish and salad with mango dressing. My husband ordered the fish, shrimp, and chips. We took enough home to have for dinner the next day. Everything was excellent.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

we read the good reviews of this place on tripadvisor, and agree this is a great place.
It's just 2 blocks down from the best western tacoma dome, in a food court.
We have been twice. First we had the meal deal with fish and chips and the clam chowder.
all excellent , and enough for 2 of us to split 1 order.
Second time we had the ceasar chicken salad, which was also very large and tasty.
The service is better there than at most restaurants.
food is very reasonably priced.
Great place for a quick meal.
If you are staying at the best western, you should not miss this place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We happened to stumble into this eatery before heading over the Tacoma Dome.
The staff is absolutely amazing. So friendly and tends to your every need.
The fish and chips I had was probably one of the best. I would definitely recommend this place

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stopped by Freighthouse Square before taking in a State Championship Football Game at the Tacoma Dome. Parked nearby in the parking garage for the local lightrail transfer station. Had some of the best fish & chips I have had in forever. The man at the counter was helpful and very friendly.

Been to Paya Thai Fish & Chips? Share your experiences!