“Deservedly popular”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 3, 2014

For Thanksgiving, two friends who lived in Tacoma attempted to take me to Indochine for dinner. This was on the evening of Tues Nov 26. We could not find any parking spot within a couple blocks. I was again in Tacoma before New Years, and we had more success on an afternoon. Absolutely terrific food, mostly Thai dishes, but with Chinese and Vietnamese items.

Also noteworthy is the decor. There are many unique wood carvings, including a fascinating wood table with "elephant" chairs. If you are a fan of Asian artwork, there is an added treat for you here.

There are newer reviews for Indochine Asian Dining Lounge

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This restaurant has absolutely delicious Asian food! It's a little Americanized but still wonderful. We had a room for my son's birthday that fit the 15 of us perfectly. The restaurant has calming ambiance with a fountain and little pond inside. It also has a huge round table that could seat ten with privacy drapes.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great food and beautiful atmosphere. The only bummer was that we had reservations for the evening and after being there for about an hour and a half, we were asked to leave because they needed our table for other customers. For a higher end restaurant, felt this was quite rude.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Had a business dinner here last night. There were 8 of us, all accomodated comfortably in a private feeling booth. This provided the atmosphere to be able to discuss business without feeling like everyone was privy to our conversations. The food was brought out in a timely manner and everything that was served was quite tasty. I had the pepper garlic prawns with brown rice. VERY ample serving. Couldn't finish it and I wasn't alone in that. Several others in the group opted for to-go containers. The only dissenting "enthusiastic thumbs up" came from the one who ordered the Black Sea entree. He felt the quality and taste just wasn't there to justify the price. Service was pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A group of us went to this restaurant and the manager placed way too many people at a table so we asked to be split up and after we split up and the tables for a portion of the group was comfortable, they took away one of their tables and then the table was never used. It did not make any sense.

The lady who waited on us did a good job though she seemed to be stretched to the limit. She ended up putting an appetizer on my check that I did not order but someone at the other table did so I just paid for it (we were on expense account anyway)...

Now finally to the food, after the ordeal of the seating (we had made reservations in advance for the large group and they were not ready for us when we arrived), we all liked our meals. The appetizers were good and the entrees as well.

Most people were surprised to learn rice or noodles did not come with the entrée though they were not expensive, just know you must add it to the entrée. I had Orange Chicken and it was enough to eat three meals.

I am with a group here for another week so we may go back and try again but we were disappointed management did not work better with us as we were only a group of 10 people.

I would have given it and "excellent" had the seating not been an issue. The restaurant was not crowed as it was a week day.