“Closed”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th Street
Description: Steel Creek American Whiskey Co. is Downtown Tacoma's Steakhouse & country bar. A full service restaurant during the week & the largest 21+ country party in the south sound after 9pm Thursday - Saturday.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

No longer open. To get to 100 characters I will keep writing, although there isn't anything else to say.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were purposely being IGNORED!... My wife had just received 2 awards at an award ceremony. We weren't dressed like slobs. My wife was dressed "professionally". Even our young daughter was dressed Sunday nice. We walked in at 8:20 ish and waited to be seated. There are no signs anywhere inside or out that state hours of operation. After standing at the front, watching staff go about their duties for a few minutes, my daughter and I needed a restroom break. After emerging from the back of the restaurant, I commented to my daughter, let's see where Mommy is sitting. To my dismay, my wife was still standing up front waiting to be seated. Passing by an employee, I inquired as to when closing time is. I was told "8:30". A brief glance at my watch indicated that it was 8:28. I get home to discover varsity grill closes at 9:00PM on Tuesday nights according to their own web site... WE WERE BEING INTENTIONALLY IGNORED!!!

1  Thank 253Bob
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Decent-sized steak with fries is just $3 on Wednesdays. The restaurant is only a block from the Hotel Murano and also within walking distance of the Courtyard.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had a client come in from out of town, so I took him and his wife here for dinner. We had great customer service and excellent food. I can't say enough about this place.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The place is great. The happy hour menu was so great we didn't bother with a menu. The slider burgers are worth the trip alone. They have a really cool area in the back with a couch and chairs in front of a big screen TV. It was like watching at home but having someone bring you great food and drinks!!