“A restaurant with a Super Menu, and Great Service”

Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th St.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had dinner here last night with a friend, I order a pasta dish with salmon that was just wonderful, creamy and delicious, she ordered a salad with beef - we were both extremely pleased with our meals. Ordered a couple glasses of wine, after requesting a sample, the server was very helpful and provided us with a tasting to help us with our selection. The owner and head chief Bill stop by our table to check on our meal - this place really believes in customer service and good food. I would highly recommend this for a lunch or dinner spot, give it a try - I promise you will not be disappointed it is excellent. The prices are very reasonable and the quantity is excellent.
Enjoy, we sure did, and will be back soon.
Mathew

1  Thank Mathewwi

Reviewed July 5, 2013

WOW - in one word "OUTSTANDING". One would never know from the outside of this restaurant until you walk in (actually someone from the restaurant opened the door for us) that it was outstanding! Either the owner or family welcome you and are seated right away with outstanding service throughout the entire meal! ...little things like refilling water, bringing more homemade hot baked bread and asking if there was anything you may need any any point during the dinner.
We had one of the best dinners I've had in a long time...I enjoyed the fresh king salmon (cooked however you like it) with white canoli beans and very light sauce and sweet potatoe fries that was outstanding! Other dinners ordered were the clam chowder and ceaser salad, Top sirlion steak with special fries, handmade pizza from scratch and a couple of hamburger sliders with shoe string fries. We ordered a bottle of their best Italian savignon blanc that happened to be 1/2 price since it was wednesday! Outstanding food and outstanding prices, outstanding service and outstanding atmosphere!..oh did I mention the outstanding fun people that run this place! WOW

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Adriatic was a surprise find for us, but we won't forget it. Yes, we had a short wait (a good sign), but it was more than worth it. The food was excellent, especially my personal pizza. They have a great wine selection, diverse menu (Italian focus), and great service.

Indeed, had it been a bit less expensive and no wait (hardly their fault), it would have been DNP (damned near perfect).

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband got a groupon, so we decided to go out to dinner. He loves this place and I have refused to join him on previous visits. I was not impressed at my last visit and had written off the restaurant in my book. Why you may ask, with all the good reviews. Poor and slower than molasses service. Nothing ruins an evening out when you have to wait for refills, condiments, utensils or anything that will allow you to enjoy your meal. I tried to suspend my previous negative experience but when the waitress disappeared and our water emptied, and I mean gone - so when noone offered to refill our glasses after a good 10-15 minutes, I was threw. If a restaurant cannot hire and train thee wait staff to be alert and attentive to their customers needs - I will take my money else where.

1  Thank Wblessed
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Adriatic Grill has great Italian, Mediterranean food- a bit pricey for the atmosphere IMO but it depends on whats most important to your dining pleasure. It's kind of cold and cafeteria-ish with paper tablecloths. But its close to the Tacoma Mall and a great place to meet after a long day of shopping, and right off of I-5.
We always get the Flatbread Cambozola with blue cheese and roasted garlic to share- it's amazing and plentiful-ask for extra cheese to take home with the leftovers!The mozzarella balls in marinara are also a hit with us.
My favorite meal is probably the Roasted Chicken Canneloni with a creamy multi-cheese sauce and pinenuts!!
If you're in the area and need an Italian fix give it a try!