All reviews the beds were extremely comfortable room was clean indoor pool sink area hotel is located wi fi breakfast was included stay there again waffle maker yogurt freeway laundry hairdryer hallway gal
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Not up to the standard of a choice hotel. Dark and gloomy. Front desk service was poor. Housekeeping did their job but were lazy. I had to wait until the late afternoon to have my room made up. The vanity was dark and gloomy. I had to pull the lamp over to wash and shave. My TV was in Spanish on most stations. The front desk was little or no help on how to fix this. I figured it out on my own but the channels reverted back. There was no guide for channels. The information binder was in inadequate. The landscape was horrible. Broken glass around the parking lot and trash laying about. Overall a poor experience I will not go back to.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
hotelgmTacoma, Front Desk at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements. We want to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

I don't understand all the negative reviews- I was immensely pleased. I was in town for a Red Cross training and was warmly welcomed by Cat. She was on the phone when my traveling partner and I arrived but she finished her call quickly and professionally and checked us in to our rooms in just a minute or two. She was so friendly and helpful- being unfamiliar with the area, she directed us to several good restaurants and wished us a good evening. I'd like for her supervisor to know how great she was. The room was wonderful, clean and quiet. There was no noise coming from Denny's. The only noise I heard was highway traffic, but if you keep the window open, you're gonna have traffic noise, so... the AC was very quiet. I chose to not have my bed changed and when I returned from class the first night, my bed had been remade neatly and my room cleaned beautifully. Excellent job. Breakfast was wonderful (they had LOTS of sausage!), there was always plenty of everything, the counters were always wiped clean and there was plenty of seating.
My family and I travel a lot and we have NEVER had a bad stay at a Comfort Inn. Highly highly recommend this hotel, and we will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
hotelgmTacoma, Night Auditor/ BF Staff at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

As a valued guest I want to thank you for your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear that our staff provided you with great service that aloud you to have a wonderful experience with us during your time in Tacoma. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

From all of us at the Front Desk,
Comfort Inn Tacoma

Reviewed June 18, 2016

Renovation has been going on for months, and we were told that it is almost complete. New carpets, new furniture, new lobby and breakfast area furniture. All very nice.

Nice breakfast area with good selection of food.

Our only complaint was that they are slow to fix minor things. We reported a non-functioning light globe on a Thursday night, by Monday AM the light globe had still not been replaced. Lighting is dim at best in all motels these days, so you need to have all of those lights working!

We have stayed here many times, and will continue to do so. Some reviewers have criticized the neighborhood, but we have never had any problems.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
hotelgmTacoma, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations regarding the lighting. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We're pleased you enjoyed the new renovations that have been done on the property as well as our continental breakfast.
We look forward to you staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Kind regards,

Rebecca
Front desk

Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here related to a horse show at the Tacoma Unit. The hotel is Under refurbishment so it was a bit chaotic in the hallways. Our room was on the second floor. Quiet room, recently re-done. Bed was comfortable with nice duvet. Denny's restaurant next door. Hotel Free breakfast was hot eggs and sausage and waffle maker. Cookies at night if you get back n time. Parking a bit hectic due to construction. I would definitely book here again.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
hotelgmTacoma, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at Tacoma Comfort Inn. We hope you will return very soon when we are done updating.

Chirstan

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Close to freeway so made it easy to get to the freeway which was good. They are refurbishing the hotel once completed will be very nice.Room was large and very comfy bed. It was very quite. Front desk very friendly at checkin but not when we were checking out.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay but sorry you didnt feel comfortable checking out (we didnt want you to go!) We hope to see you again soon!

Chirstan