“Not the experience I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Tacoma

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Tacoma
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Not the experience I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

if you scroll down, you can see that I gave a pretty good review for this hotel in December, 2012. This trip was a little more disappointing. I have contacted the hotel directly about the issue with housekeeping I had and am waiting to hear back from them.

Despite that, I still think the Comfort Inn Tacoma is a reasonable place to stay. I have never experienced the noise that others mention. The staff is generally friendly and helpful.

It is a bit difficult to find, and I think better signage might help. As I had stayed there before, I knew what to look for, but a higher sign, a brighter sign....something.... would be better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank antirlass
GlenH709, Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us at the Comfort Inn. We hope to see you again! :)
Tanya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Spokane Valley, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel two employees were talking about what they were going to eat....my arrival didn't prompt them to stop their conversation.

Once I did start the check in process they had a hard time getting the rate right. Finally, I got to my room....what a disappointment! It smelled so bad! I was afraid to lay in the bed but I couldn't leave as I didn't know the area and since I was only going to be there one day I decided to suck it up. As if the conditions inside weren't bad enough I could barely sleep because of the customers coming into Denny's which was right outside of my window. Seems like motorcycle gangs love Dennys. Trust me; don't waste your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank VirgoLoves2Travel
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Comfort Inn. We are truly sorry that your stay was not what you had expected and that it was not pleasant. We are under new Managment and would love for you to give us another chance. Please contact me with any questions or concerns. 253-538-7998
Tanya

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Tonopah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Good place for the value would recommend it met manager and told him enjoying stay.stayed in other places and never seen the manager very hands on.still doing some remodeling only bad thing to say ice machine broken on my floor but needed excersise so it worked out.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank linslim
hotelgmTacoma, Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on TripAdvisor! We will get that ice machine repaired! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. Thanks again.

Kurt Turrell, GM
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was I ever surprised at this comfortable but affordable hotel. The bed was comfy, the room was quiet, the breakfast adequate, and the swimming pool was just outstanding. Totally enjoyed my short stay here and will definitely stay again. Highly recommended, especially if you like to swim to unwind after a long flight or drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor in the middle of the building for a super quiet night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CathyOfCal
hotelgmTacoma, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for this great review of our hotel. It means a lot to me!

Kurt Turrell, GM
Long Beach, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Took a weekend family trip to the Tacoma area. The hotel met our expectations very well. Friendly front desk staff, great indoor pool and hot tub, and nice breakfast assortment. We had originally booked a king suite with a hide-a-bed, and once my daughter discovered it would be extremely uncomfortable to sleep on, we asked if we could move to a room with two queen beds. The staff was very accommodating and got us moved immediately, and even refunded the difference in the room rate. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SELBWA
hotelgmTacoma, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I want to personally thank you for this great review. I am the new GM of the hotel, and my name is Kurt Turrell. Thanks again!
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Comfort Inn Tacoma WA

I am writing to you about a story I believe is worth sharing.

My 9-year-old daughter has been an All Star Cheerleader for 5 years now.
In those 5 years we have done much traveling due to competitions, in and out of state.

Our most recent competition was in Tacoma WA.
I had made reservations on line at your S. Hosmer St. Inn a month before our trip.

After a 6-hour drive we arrived at your Inn.
Our girls were tired of being in a car, and very excited to get to the rooms and change into their swimsuits. The pool is always the highlight of their hotel stays J

I went to your front desk to check in only to be told that they had ‘over-booked’ and we didn’t have a room. I seriously thought she was joking with me and handed her my paper work. She informed me that she was VERY serious and there was simply nothing she could do! My husband asked to speak to the manager and he was told that she had left for the evening. We very politely asked her to call the manager and we would speak to her over the phone if necessary. She did, and the manager was on her way home after a long day and had no intention of coming back to the Inn. We were never even given the phone to speak with her.
In the midst of all of this, our girls are very upset and crying!
I tried to assure them that it would all be OK, and that this was just a mix up on the hotel’s part. Surely they will fix this!
Meantime, at least 5 others walked into the lobby and were promptly checked into their rooms!!!
After 40 minutes of waiting for the manager to return (because surely she would), we were told to leave or they would have to call the police!

We had to find another hotel!
Being that there was a NATIONAL cheer competition, and another large event in town that weekend, there weren’t very many places to choose from. We ended up at a less than desirable hotel where, after checking in, we noticed obvious signs of illegal behavior and many shady characters.

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW SCARED OUR CHILDREN WERE!
This was NOT the weekend they had imagined! We had to sleep with the chair propped under the door handle just so they would feel a sense of security!

Upon returning home my husband called your Customer hotline to let them know what had happened to us. Of course they apologized and said that this was NOT their policy in handling such situations. (Which leads me to believe these ‘situations’ occur often?)
Other than that, there was nothing more to say!

We also had received a letter from your Tacoma manager stating that she was sorry she could not resolve the matter for us. That she had returned to the hotel only to find we had already left. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this is a lie! Not only did we wait there for 40 minutes, my husband had returned at least 3 times that night to see if she had come back to the hotel. She never did!

To say that I’m appalled at our experience with your service is an understatement!
I’ve shared my feelings with many others, and they all agree that this is inconceivable!
That there were small children involved makes it even more unimaginable.

Yes, we were mailed a certificate for a free night at your Tacoma Inn, should we wish to return. I can’t help but think this a joke!
What I CAN tell you is that I am more than willing to share my story with everyone who wants to hear it. I would hate for anyone else’s child to have to go through what mine did.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Vikky S
First, I wish I could apologize directly to your children, and to you. The hotel is now under new management, and I am writing to personally apologize for the huge mistakes that our hotel made with you. It is the responsibility of the hotel to not be overbooked, although it does sometimes happen. When it does, we should make the alternate arrangements for you and see to it that you arrive safely at a desireable hotel and that you enjoy your stay there. Our hotel has no excuses for this tremendous mistake...well, it is worse than a mistake; it ruined your lodging experience and scared your children badly. Wow, this should never have happened.

I feel that I probably cannot offer words or actions that would repair the situation. I too am appalled that this whole event took place! That past manager had an opportunity to turn things around, but only added insult to injury. I wish I could go back in time and take care of your family properly.

I know that you were sent a certificate for a free night, but I wonder if you would even consider giving us - me - the chance to show you a rewarding experience. I truly wish that you would.

You have my deepest understaning, apologies, and regrets.

Respectfully,
Kurt R. Turrell, GM
Albany, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

First impression was not a warm one. The person at the desk didn't smile, say hello or thank you, (something you might expect from someone who is suppose to greet people when checking in).

Our room was neat, (meaning their wasn't trash or mess in it), but didn't look cleaning, (ie: carpet and furniture stains, and dirt and hair around the box spring bedding, yuk!).

The coffee in the reception area was cold as ice but not as cold as the bill they slip under your door in the middle of the night when you're sleeping. You can expect about a 20% increase above your room rate, (mainly from added taxes), as well as a few more dollars tacked on to your credit card bill, (what we discovered when we got home), for who knows what, (we were very careful not to use any added hotel services)!

The bill they slip under your door, (in the middle of the night), has a copy they want you to sign and leave in the room. I'm guessing the copy they have you sign and leave in the room, allows them a way of tacking on additional charges to your credit card without giving you the opportunity of questioning these charges prior to leaving the hotel. So my recommendation, (in hind sight), is to not sign their copy. Better yet, find another place to stay.

Surprised and Disappointed

Room Tip: Hotel not located in a very nice part of town. There's a bus stop directly in front of the prop...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Devin H
Hello Devin H.

I am the new General Manager at the Comfort Inn and I have just read your review entitled "Not My First Choice". I too am "surprised and disappointed"; the hotel clearly was not at its best at all for you. I wish that I had been there at that time. I would have done everything in my power to make it right with you. Your first impression was bad and it just got worse from there!

Even though I was not on staff at that time, I accept responsibility on behalf of the hotel and I want to personally invite you to call upon me. I will invite you back - free, of course - and do my very best to make it up to you.

I hope that in time you will find it in your heart to forgive the hotel and try us again.

Most Sincerely,