“Clean and great price and staff”

Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been staying here while working for the last 5 weeks and this is a very clean motel in a questionable neighborhood. But it is close to Winco and several restaurants and the Mall. Also Wapato park for a safe and beautiful area to walk/run. The breakfast is fine...fresh waffles and cereals including oatmeal. Bagels and other breads, I tend to eat healthy so I haven't tried the sausage or eggs or donuts. But there is fresh fruit and yogurt everyday. And fresh cookies at night! And the staff, especially Marcia, are very helpful. The exercise room is disappointing but useful...I can drive 3 miles to go to Golds gym. The pool is fine and clean. As I stated, this is a very clean motel and very helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
hotelgmTacoma, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

On behalf of The Comfort Inn Tacoma we thank you for your kind comments.
We strive for excellence by providing a clean and safe environment and a friendly and welcoming hotel staff.
We look forward to your next visit.
Have a wonderful day.
Charles Hagedorn

Reviewed October 15, 2012

have stayed here several times over the last few years. it seems to be dated now. everything is the same as the 1st time we were here. the bed was fine. but the rooms need a facelift. exercise equip still the same. this is a great location and would be fine with a little overhaul

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank coolrman33
hotelgmTacoma, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.
We value your business and certainly want to know if we are meeting your expectations.

The hotel is in the planning stages of some product renovation.
Having hotel rooms which reflect a new, fresh and decorative look is what we are striving to accomplish.

We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future and be a witness to the positive changes to our beautiful hotel.
Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Have a great day.

Charles E. Hagedorn
General ManagerComfort Inn- Tacoma, WA
8620 S Hosmer St Tacoma, WA 98444
P\ 253-538-7998 F\ 253-538-6981
gm.wa087@choicehotels.com

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We enjoyed the nice clean room, comfy pillows, good price, The morning desk clerk was awesome and couldn't be friendlier or do enough for us. He had breakfast ready 1 hr ahead of time for early morning checkouts. restaurants close by.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brent M
hotelgmTacoma, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Wow! Thank you for the great review! We know we'll be able to serve you yet again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kurt R. Turrell, GM

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We found the hotel in Tacoma and have stayed at Comfort Inn's on several occasions in the past. Although I found the hotel satisfactory, the front counter girl was not friendly and seemed more interested in getting back to her computer game. When we left for dinner, she said have a good evening without looking up and making eye contact. How sincere was that?. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

First, thank you for your hotel review. As the new GM, I do read all hotel reviews and attempt to respond.

I am wondering if you might perhaps try us again? I have made changes in Guest Service Agents so that we have satisfied guests.

I accept responsibility for our hotel staff and I hope you will return for a free night stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at this property a year ago and gave a positive review. This time not positive the rooms we not as clean though not real bad. The breakfast was ok for the first two days the morning girl did a good job. The other three days it was late. One day I went to get juice no nozzles on the machine and juice went everywhere. The new morning girl was more interested in talking to the front desk girl than the keeping items stocked up. One morning they were out of breakfast meat.
Last year I had said the internet was slow they had posted that it was up graded. This year is so slow forget about you inbox that is if you can stay or even connect. I talked to the front desk about the problems I could tell she had this conversation way to many times. There a other hotel within a block or two this one is getting dated, service has been down graded and just not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Steve Z

My name is Kurt Turrell and I am the new General Manager of the Comfort Inn Tacoma. I am disheartened to hear of your stay with us, to say the least. It appears as though I will not be able to persuade you to try us again, for a free night stay. Even so, I extend that invitation to you.

I would love the opportunity to earn back your business.

Once again, I am sorry that back in September we were definitely up to par.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were on a 10 day road trip and used this hotel for three nights as a central sleeping point. It served it's purpose. All we did was sleep there. It was a average stay with an average continental breakfast. One reason for staying there is because they have a washer so that we could wash some of our clothes without taking a whole lot of clothes. Well, we got back really late on the night to do laundry, and the washer was out of order. We had to go across the street to the all night laundromat to wash the clothes, however we could dry them at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. This is the kind of feedback that makes a hotel strive to do much better.

This hotel is under new management and strides have been made in improvement.

I truly hope you will stay with us again so that we can earn an above average rating from you.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our room was clean enough, but a little sparsely furnished with a table that does not quite work for the two chairs at it, and the corner taken up by the fridge with microwave on it, and the old fashioned huge TV set hanging over the edge of the dresser so you bumped it each time.

Breakfast was the normal processed egg round 'slices' with sausage and dried bagels, but what was truly disappointing was that they could not keep decent coffee brewing - it was totally out one morning, and the next was so weak that you saw directly to the bottom of the cup. The "hot" water was colder than what came out of the tap.

The service in evening was great, in the morning was grumpy.

This gets high points for being close to the freeway, and was quiet enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Doug F
hotelgmTacoma, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Greetings from the Comfort Inn,

This hotel is under new management and these issues have been addressed. My name is Kurt Turrell and I am the new General Manager of the hotel. It is my pleasure to invite you back again. Please call on me to work our your next stay.