The Villa Bed & Breakfast
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Pool
$127
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$102
$84
All reviewsbeautiful neighborhoodwonderful hostseach morningnice folksgas fireplacepoint defiance parkuniversity of puget soundexcellent breakfastother guestsfresh fruitking bedtoniupsmuseumseattleglass
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of five, the kids are ages 16, 3, and 8 months. We stayed in the Cimbrione room which has a sitting room seperate from the bedroom and a private balcony. The accomadations worked great and the owners were very understanding regarding the chaos that three children bring. I am breastfeeding, which is difficult while traveling, but they had a refrigerator right outside our door for my milk and Toni kept my ice packs that I needed for the next day in the freezer for me. Breakfast was amazing, Martin even made my three year old a special breakfast with extra fruit. Thank you for great service and an amazing, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jenauth
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Toni and Matt, the hosts and owners of the Villa are working on a secret in Tacoma. After booking with this B&B, we really weren't sure what to expect other than to learn about the city of Tacoma and hopefully charge our batteries before heading into Seattle.
Here is what you should know...great hosts, excellent breakfast, fascinating neighbourhood, nice room, great decks, and a need for a little clean up. It is obvious that the hosts want to make their new enterprise a success, and with time this will be the eventual outcome.
As for Tacoma, this is a town that is trying to establish an identity. There is an honest effort to throw off the stereotypes that have historically dogged the area, and although you drive through some less than desirable areas of town to get to your accommodations, don't let that scare you off.

Room Tip: The Napoli room is between two other larger rooms and is smaller but still quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DHTCALGARY
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 8 days while visiting our military son. We couldn't have been more pleased with the accommodations or the hosts. In fact, our plans were to just stay 5 days, but we decided to spend our whole vacation here in this lovely old "mansion". We stayed in the Amalfi room, which was spacious and comfortable even though it is one of the smaller rooms. The bed was comfortable, and the ensuite bathroom was large and bright. Toni and Martin are super friendly, and they did everything they could to make us feel welcome and happy. Toni is a superb cook, and we were delighted with the variety of breakfasts we enjoyed. Food and presentation were exceptional. One morning we had to get up very early to go whale-watching, so Toni prepared a to-go breakfast for us! The house itself is in fine condition for its age, and Toni and Martin are working to get it just perfect. One thing that we appreciated most was that our hosts invited us to use the beautiful, enormous sitting room. We also had access to a pleasant outdoor deck and a solarium, so that when our son came, we could enjoy these rooms as if we were home. There was even a butler's pantry where we could get tea and coffee as well as snacks. We've stayed in many BnBs in our travels, and this one rates at the top of our list. We will definitely come back. I cannot say enough good things about it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobbie E
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a great visit at The Villa B&B. The owners are working hard to bring this beautiful old place around. There is plenty to uncover here, but the owners are hard at it. The food is wonderful and the interaction with others, including the owners made it a fun place. The owners are so generous with letting people use the patios and enjoy the grounds. A nice location and easy walking to so much. We'll come again and enjoy seeing the progress they're making. The owners work to make everyone feel right at home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first stay at the villa, our Son treated us (his parents) to a 9 day,work free,don't think about anything vacation from Buffalo New York..He told me he had looked into a Bed and Breakfast for us but i never expected to experience what his dad and i did on June 28th 2013, when we arrived we were introduced to the most kind and sweetest person....Toni, she spoke to us and welcomed us into The Villa. She showed us the grounds and all the rooms and then gave is our key.I don't know what the name of the room was, but it was fantastic.we loved the mansion... all the furnishings...This was just perfect......our son lived a few blocks away and that was great because he was so close. the bed was wonderful, the best sleep ever.....but the grand poobah was in the morning for breakfast Toni would have the most beautiful place settings and super fantastic food waiting for us at the table. for 9 glorious days( she had a different setting)I will try to post some of the wonderful meals, I would take a picture of every meal and many photos of the Villa. every morning we would talk about things to do and places to go in Tacoma,and what her and Martin didn't know they had books to tell you everything. Our son took us numerous places we were gone from mid morning to evening every day so when we came in it was definately time to rest. this couple made you feel so at home.we had our own clam bake and Toni really put her all into that wonderful food. Terry And I met some new friends thanks to my son DeJuan. we will definately be returning. I am so in love with that place and the owners.....may god bless them both to succeed with the Villa......Love it Love it Love it.......signed,,,,,.... David (Terry) and Deanna Laguerre

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family