See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Get what you expect for and worse!

With all the reviews I read, I did not really expect much from this place... but it did disappoint me EVEN MORE! Our flight was delayed and got in really in Seattle. Upon reaching the hotel about midnight, the office had no lights on and no staff. There was no obvious way to check in! We had no choice but to get a room at a Quality Inn across the street. When I finally called (-booked through Hotwire), they said they WON'T even REFUND the one night I didn't stay!!! I GOT NOTHING for the inconvenience of not being able to stay in a place I paid and booked in advanced!

We still managed to check in the next day and for the rest of the 6 days we were booked there. The staff didn't even seem to care about the whole situation. When got in late again the next night (we obviously already have our card keys at this time), a sign all of a sudden appeared in the empty office with their hours posted and a phone number to call!

• There were only two pillows in the room
• There was no way to angle the air conditioner away from blowing directly to one side of the bed
• The placement of the fridge blocks the mini-kitchen area
• The lighting was awful
• You can barely find parking

The experience here was truly a mess and I could not recommend it to anyone. The people there are sketchy and you truly what you expect and worse!

This was booked through Hotwire and when called, they didn't do anything and left it in the hotel's discretion.

Room tip: Just don't do it.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2018

they rented us a room that looked like some one was slaughtered in it and it smelled like it too. the place is gang riddled as far as other tenants go . and the staff was friendly to your face then spoke not so friendly when they thought you were not paying attention . we were charged for smoking in a non smoking room that was rented to us dirty as all heck .even the bed comforter stunk . and if you stay in room 101 that is the room they rented us . you have no privacy what so ever , and every one stands around the window to that room and talks loudly all hoours of the day and night , and they gossip about what they think they hear you saying ,cause you can hear every one through the vents in the entire building . and tenants were very rude , also our room was broken into at least three times in a week and all of our food was tampered wiith as well as other personal items . oh and they dont provide a place for you to enjoy any cannabis in a cannabis legal state . do not stay here you will be accussed buy other long term tenants of very odd and disgusting things here ., will never stay therte again , horrible place

Room tip: Do not stay here is over run buy gangs
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Pearl P
Reviewed March 24, 2018

I checked in in the evening. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I got to my room okay. It was quite austere. It had no carpeting. There was a fridge, microwave and cabinets but they were empty. There weren't any amenities such as shampoo or even cups to take medication with. I called down and asked about it and requested a cup and an extra pillow. The lady brought up a cup from maybe a Christmas party they had and said there were no extra pillows. I went to bed and it was as hard as a rock. I got a day's worth of exercise tossing and turning all night. The price should have been $30 for the night! Terrible!

Room tip: There are no good rooms.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ccd1937
Logan P, Guest Relations Manager at HomeTowne Studios Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you for your candid review regarding your stay. We are sorry you experienced these issues while staying with us. Those are basic amenities that should be provided in your room upon arrival. We also will review our mattresses to ensure our guests are getting the sleep they need and deserve while staying with us. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future so we have a chance to make your next stay great.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Staying at Crossland is not best hotel experience I've had. The only good thing I will say is that it comes with a kitchenette where I am able to prepare my own food and save money as opposed to buying takeout food. The downside is that the furnishings are old and need replacing. The room also reeked of cigarette smoke and pet odors that could not be removed from carpet cleaning. The other downside is that the hotel is located in a rough neighborhood, where drug dealing and prostitution is rampant. I am leery of going outside alone after dark because of all of the shady clientele there. Management does little to alleviate this situation.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank 8Ball56
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I knew at the outset this would be a "lesser" choice for me, but I was also strapped for resources. There are many hotel options along Hossmer that cost a bit more, but what I wouldn't have done to move to any of those options. From the outside, the building seems fairly well kept, but there are lots, LOTS of local folks hanging out at the bus stop, on the corner, in the parking lot. One woman had dumped her entire purse on the ground and was rummaging for something--she appeared to be under the influence of something as well, talking with herself and unable to make eye contact or be coherent in the question "All you okay?" Check-in was relatively easy (he had to run my card numerous times, claiming it wouldn't take it and cash would be easier). The room (supposedly under some kind of renovations) was awful--wouldn't take off my socks until I was in bed. It reeked of cigarette smoke and stale odors. Bar of soap, two towels and two washcloths, no cup for drinking water, no mat for the shower, and wasn't sure how long it had been since walls, door frames, baseboards had been wiped down. Bed was not a queen as reserved but a full, and while the sheets appeared clean, the bedding did not. Noisy from people, not so much street noise. And when the fire engine and emergency unit arrived around 11:30pm, it was loud guffaws and snide comments made from other "guests" that were most distracting from any kind of sleep. Thankfully the TV worked and covered much of the other external noises. Never. Again. Ever.

Room tip: Choose another property all together.
Date of stay: August 2017