“Blah is probably the best word.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer

Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Blah is probably the best word.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I got this hotel room for my dad when he was traveling from China to meet his granddaughter for the first time. I looked here, and other sites for reviews... but I must not have read the appropriate ones. The room was not the cleanest. The TV was seemingly on rabbit ears, because it didn't even have more than a handful of channels... or just wasn't working. The mattress wasn't the worst I've felt... but it was pretty cheap feeling and my dad complained about his back after a night there. And most importantly- the room is TINY. Not like any of the pictures online. I will say that it was nice that they had an elevator and good security doors. This wasn't the worst hotel, but I would probably never encourage a friend or family member to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank lost_southerners
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Your comments in regards to the elevator and security are much appreciated. Still, I was disheartened to hear that you were not satisfied with our TV channel offering, your mattress and the cleanliness of your room. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss this further, please contact me, at hos@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vista, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Room not vacuumed at check-in. Grubby areas on bathroom door and kitchenette cupboard doors. Notified front desk TV did not receive channels listed on channel guide. Was told maintenance would fix it but never showed. Called front desk two additional times about issue but no one ever showed.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Magnavo
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Bellingham, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Arrived for check in little before 3pm room wasn't ready
Got into room was missing some of the towels and the toilet kept running every 30 seconds called front desk was told someone would come and fix it never did. Also the tv only picked up 3 or 4 channels clearly and no local news channel.
All else was ok room was
clean.
I wasn't expecting a 5 star stay but the toilet and tv should work properly.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank paul29031
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

After working late into the night, circumstances changed and was in need of a hotel for the night. Desk closes at 11Pm after a call to the hotel directly I was told they would not help me. Having stayed at that location prior and 3 other hotels in the chain in the previous 3 weeks. I felt like they didn't care for my business and because of that will not stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Seanhegar
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Sean - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that you were not able to check-in after 11pm. I am sorry for your experience. Please know, our staff is available throughout the evening hours to assist guests as needed. With that in mind, I have brought your comments to their attention and am reviewing our after hours check-in policy to ensure that this does not happen again. I can assure you, we care deeply about your business and are truly sorry that we did not accommodate your needs.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dmartin@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Excellent staff. Truely dedicated to their guests. Will take care of you every way possible! will do whatever it takes to make your experience a great one. Everyone went out of their way to help and was honest when giving recommendations and advice.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for posting such a rave review. I'm thrilled that you were so happy with the service our staff provided. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We are visiting Crossland Tacoma at Hosmer regularly now to see our son at college. Value is great: The studio apt configuration is perfect for our needs. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is always clean and everything works. But we are starting to notice the very hard beds, the very small pillows, no shampoo, chronic undersupply of TP on arrival, and a weird one - no clothes hangers this time. Don't lose sight of the Big Picture.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lanning R
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent customer service at the front desk, friendly. Clean rooms, but slightly "outdated." Good water pressure, and hot water too (rare to find in hotels sometimes). Beds were hard, but later in the week I stayed at a different hotel and it was too soft LOL. No hair dryer or luggage rack--odd because this is usually common in hotels. I didn't think it was a bad neighborhood as previous posts suggest. It is easy to find, right off the highway. It was also not too far from shopping and stores. Very small tv (like mini size). Free wifi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad the location was convenient for you and the water pressure suited your needs. I do apologize that we do not provide a luggage rack in the rooms; however, we do have hairdryers that we can provide upon request at the front desk.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tacoma
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
#14 of 28 in Tacoma
Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!