Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Tacoma)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Hotels and they were OK and pricey. Then I heard about this place from a friend. Crossland Economy Studios Tacoma. I didn't check what my friend suggested first because, he's my friend and he likes pulling my chain;and nor did I check it out online like most of the hotels I've stayed at. Instead I went to go visit it, since it is on my way back to home. My first impression. I said, "Nice, clean".( talk to the sweet front desk girl ) The price, sleep and I'm out". "I'll be back". "Ooooh yeah". So I booked myself a room, excited and hungry. Back from my short trip from the store. This is my Second impression of the place also very important. "Whoooa". My room. I was home, or in my room. Lost, shock, happy and joy joy. I was impress. A place like my own except it's much quieter and very clean. I think somebody broke into my place and clean it? The internet was great because I had free and fast access. I like how my room was nice and clean for the 2x time, oops I did it again. I'm not a dirty person, don't judge me J/K. Got the T.V., bed, check, check, and check. Perfect. They also had a nice small kitchen set up, I don't cook but, thank you! A mini fridge, sink, stove, micro wave and the whole 9 yard. Maybe 4.5 yard since its more compact size. Anyways, comfortable, I wish you guys had picture of the Great North West to look at in side my room and bag of popcorn. Great Stay!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor N side has got me to go ZZZzzzzz...lights out.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here because it was near some places we wanted to go, such as Point Defiance Zoo, and it was cheap. We certainly didn't get more than we paid for, but it was good enough.

The place has a kitchenette, which most people won't use but we did. Gets the job done. The room was clean enough. No bugs, bed or otherwise. The TV was an old tube TV, but we didn't really watch it.

DON'T USE THE PHONE. They charge obscene amounts for local calls. We didn't know that. Oops.

There's an IHOP a few blocks north if you want breakfast. Get there before 9:30AM to avoid the rush. No grocery stores nearby. There's a crummy Walgreens a few blocks east.

Checking in/out was fast. Booking directly with promo code ESH10 saved us 10 bucks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairwell. We had trouble getting to sleep because of the noisy idiots running up and down the stairs all night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tripleaardvark
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I Have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and I returned this summer to visit family and friends for six nights.

The room was clean, the interner connection was excelent and the staff was fantastic. I had a few small issues (needed a couple of hangers and a few towels ) Morian was pleasant to deal with allways had a smile to great me. At times there were two or three people in the office that were waiting but she and the rest of the staff took care of us quickly.

Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel has a little less street noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Small but lots of amenities for the price. Lots of restaurants in the area and close to the highway. Very clean. Nice kitchenette. Friendly staff. Horrible bed. Like sleeping on box springs. Flat and uncomfortable pillows. Flat screen TV but very old. Bad neighborhood. When out and about I clearly saw drug deals and prostitution out in the open but not on the property. Not as shocking for those of us who didn't grow up in the suburbs. If you have sleep problems you should spend the extra money for a more comfortable bed. There is too much value for the money to rate the place poorly but the bed problem will keep me from coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the road for better sleep. Females and families should stay in front for better visibility and safety.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2013

On the hottest day in Vegas 116 and hot days through California and a stay in Redding at a 110.
I drive straight home to a wonderful clean and accommodating hotel right in my old back yard.
Wow a beautiful suite with a great greeting at the front desk to make everything initially fantastic at the beginning. Everything from internet,pots and pans,plates,cups,stove,microwave,fridge it was like an apartment waiting for me. My move from Vegas back home to Lakewood was an adventure and ends up in a 5 STAR place in my old back yard.Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Bob - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your move and transition from Vegas to Lakewood so smooth. And we are grateful for the opportunity to provide you with great service. We wish you the best on this new adventure!