“Great stay”

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Ocean Shores, WA
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Enjoyed the hotel, close to shopping and restaurants. Would stay again when in the area. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side on more quite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff once again provided the exceptional service our company was founded on. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Please don't hesitate to contact me at hos@extendedstay.com for help with making your next reservation with Extended Stay Hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This was the worst hotel my husband and I have ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a few dives in my lifetime. Our first impression wasn't bad, the room was clean enough and it's nice to have a kitchenette, however when we settled in it was just one complaint after another.

Our phone didn't work and couldn't be fixed until our second day here. When it came time to sleep, we tossed and turned for an hour before heading over to the 24-hour Wal-Mart to buy an air mattress and just slept on that. The bed was so hard, you might as well be sleeping on the floor. The next morning when I hopped in the shower, all I could smell was urine. They use fabric shower curtains and the style of the shower leaves the curtain sitting on the bottom of the stall, and well you know there are people who pee in the shower.... It was beyond disgusting.

Overall, this place was absolutely terrible. Unless you stay for more than 7 nights they don't even offer room service unless you want to pay for it. Don't stay here unless you're desperate, there are plenty of hotels in the area with comparable prices.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany K
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Bed firm, which I liked. However it SQUEAKED everytime you moved LOUD! I firmly believe they don't wash the top quilt, for every new guest. It smelled like the last person, who used it. EVERYONE has a dog! which I LOVE dogs, but NOT when im trying to sleep thru thin walls, barking dogs and poop on the grass area. yuk. I had a double bed, the room is VERY small. kitchenette was adequate. Food and stores very close. Its just that, as I was driving on Hosmer, I saw the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Red Lion, etc you get what you pay for. Budget Crosslands. No room service, extra coffee unless you ask for it. Next time, ill be at one of the otherones. Its close to the base too. Saw alot of military.

• Stayed September 2011
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Room was clean enough. Bad was like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. It 6 inches wider than a twin. Hey, my wife and I had a good snuggle. We asked for a blow dryer. "No we don't have one...or can we help you find one". A few of the lights didn't work and the shower temperature was tepid at best. Spend the extra $30 and get into a Holiday Inn Express. That's were we are now and it feels 5 star compared to Extended Stay

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank marks1110
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The customer service is okay. I had a reservation for a room on one occasion and the female desk clerk tells me " you would'nt want the room cause it stinks at the moment" I've dealt with most of the clerks here, some nice, some not so much....None will go out of their way.

If you don't mind filth this place is a deal. This place is very unsanitary. The management should oversee the maids work. A few times Ive checked in to find leftover food in refrigerator and clothes in drawers-freaked me out! Tables, walls and everything else unsanitized with dirty prints. Top Blankets are not washed most of the time as well as shower curtain (smelling like #1 ) Floors with dubris of last person. Beds are hard as a rock. This place needs some updating and upgrading, its 2011 for crying out loud!

The location is Ideal (depending on what you are here for) its in the middle of Tacoma (between military Bases & Tacoma Mall) Surroundings may seem like a bad neighborhood but nothing to worry about. Due to it being by the bases there is a mix of different people that may look sketchy or not but safety isn't a real factor- there is tons of law enforcement around.

There isn't any amenties as far as gym, onsite Restaraunt, ect, ect., not even a clock radio with Am/Fm. However,the room has a kitchenette with utensils, also there are restaraunts and convinience stores within walking distance.

This hotel is a reasonable rate, just bring some Clorox wipes and an egg carton mattress topper!

Room Tip: Be AAA or Military
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ms_ming
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My family and I checked in for a couple of days, well to say the least we slept the whole time with an eye open. We were told that people frequently broke into the cars around this area. After the first nigth our backs hurt so much we were relieved that we could get away from that bed. We have a two year old that instead of having him jumping up and down on the concrete bed we turn on the tv to a cartoon channel, but after watching it for five minutes the channel was blocked! We called the front desk to help us, they said that they were going to call the cable company but nothing happend. And every time we wanted to watch a channel, it would be blocked for no reason. Don't stay here if u have back problems, or for an extended stay (irony). The room was decent, the kitchennet was the main reason we picked this hotel, but it won't happen again...

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank ishewolf
Salem, Or
Reviewed November 18, 2009

The room was clean and pleasant, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, plenty of extras in towels, blankets and etc; well located close to I-5; parking quite secure; little kitchenette very convienient. Quite a good deal given the low price.

The only issue - and jeeze I hate to sound like the "Princess and the Pea" here - was the beds were very, very hard. Beyond firm, I could bounce a tennis ball off them. I've heard it suggested one could bring one's own bedding and sleep on the coverlets, which I suppose might bring some relief. Unfortunately, I was not able to sleep well, which was very key in this stay. I did not perform well in my work that weekend because of this issue.

However, I did receive a kind email from the manager letting me know they are looking into replacing the beds. So if hard beds are an issue, I would recommend calling the hotel to see if they've replaced the mattresses.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tacoma
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Tacoma Near McChord AFB
#15 of 28 in Tacoma
Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!