“All most perfect”

Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“All most perfect”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice having a kitchen but for the one night stay really wish there was a hair dryer. Rooms were large and the bed was comfortable. It was a little like an apartment feel to this hotel. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank azgirl55
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are so happy to hear that our staff provided you with great service and that you liked your spacious room, especially the kitchen. Still, I do apologize that it was not communicated that we have hairdryers available at the front desk and will be sure to address this at check-in moving forward so there isn't any further confusion.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Astoria oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This feels like a budget place, that one has a busy life things to do and the room reflects that just need a bed for the night. That would do well for one getting in late and departing very early in the morning and if that is what you are looking for this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. Please know, we appreciate your feedback and will use it to ensure that we are doing our best to provide all of our guests with an enjoyable experience. As well, we will work to improve our offerings moving forward.

We hope that you will allow us to accommodate your needs the next time that you are in the area.
Tacoma
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I just completed my stay at Extended Stay America. I lived there about 4 month straight. the service I received from a guy name Mr.Roel, was exceptional. From the first day there until I left he made me and others feel like we were at home or at a 5 star hotel and the price were reasonable and got better if you stayed longer. He was so professinal I had to ask him where he received such great customer training. He provided me with places to dine that was near the hotel and also gave me insight on the surrounding area.He took Extended Stay to a higher level Great JOB. I suggest you have Ms. Lupe clean your room. She takes great pride in her work. I knew I could count on my room being very clean with fresh towels and linnen. If there was anything that Mr Roel didnt know you could count on Mr. Sean for everything from making sure breakfast was available to keeping coffee hot. The whole staff made my stay great. Extended Stay you were spot on with these 3 employees

Room Tip: The upper floors seemed more quiter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While staying here during our PCS move our truck was broken into. After talking to local police, we discovered that this is a common occurrence in the area of town. If possible, avoid the headache and stay at a different location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Britani F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Britani - want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with most aspects of your stay. I do apologize that your vehicle was broken into, but I would like to assure you that security is a top priority and we are working diligently to reduce this problem.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for 30 days at the hotel and the staff were always helpful and friendly, the room met all my needs, especially the kitchenette, wifi, & cable TV. The lobby and room were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at an extended stay hotel again in the future if need be.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank armytraveler520
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about your experience! I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location and the accommodations we offer. We strive to provide a Home Away from Home environment so our guests are comfortable and happy during their stay! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Needed to make a short trip to visit relatives in Tacoma. Found the Extended Stay to be clean and well maintained, and an excellent location for my purposes. Breakfast was just a snack, but that suited me fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that we were a good fit for your needs while you were enjoying your visit with family. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is a very nice property, rooms are clean, staff freindly. However I have been here 2 weeks and had my truck broken into twice ! First time they hit 11 cars in the parking lot smashing windows. Second time smashed windows on a few vehicles ( mine had the lock punched ). I spoke to the attending police officer who told me that this is a regularr occurance and been going on for months. According to the girl at the front desk, the hotel is situated in a "bad area" .
If you have a pickup or nice car and stay longer than a week, you have a 50/50 chance of having your window smashed, so beware ! The parking lot does have security cameras and is well lit, but does not seem to be much of a deterrent. Not having valuables in the car is a plus, but the annoying thing is the cost of replacing the window.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael58775
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff and clean rooms; however, we apologize that you had security concerns while staying at our hotel. Please know, we take guest safety very seriously, which is why we have reached out to the Tacoma Police Department regarding this situation. They are working with us to provide additional security support and we have made additional strides to improve our security systems.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at tac@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels