“Not the best choice, not the best crayon in the box, nor the sharpest knife.”

Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This feels like a budget place, that one has a busy life things to do and the room reflects that just need a bed for the night. That would do well for one getting in late and departing very early in the morning and if that is what you are looking for this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. Please know, we appreciate your feedback and will use it to ensure that we are doing our best to provide all of our guests with an enjoyable experience. As well, we will work to improve our offerings moving forward.

We hope that you will allow us to accommodate your needs the next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I just completed my stay at Extended Stay America. I lived there about 4 month straight. the service I received from a guy name Mr.Roel, was exceptional. From the first day there until I left he made me and others feel like we were at home or at a 5 star hotel and the price were reasonable and got better if you stayed longer. He was so professinal I had to ask him where he received such great customer training. He provided me with places to dine that was near the hotel and also gave me insight on the surrounding area.He took Extended Stay to a higher level Great JOB. I suggest you have Ms. Lupe clean your room. She takes great pride in her work. I knew I could count on my room being very clean with fresh towels and linnen. If there was anything that Mr Roel didnt know you could count on Mr. Sean for everything from making sure breakfast was available to keeping coffee hot. The whole staff made my stay great. Extended Stay you were spot on with these 3 employees

Room Tip: The upper floors seemed more quiter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While staying here during our PCS move our truck was broken into. After talking to local police, we discovered that this is a common occurrence in the area of town. If possible, avoid the headache and stay at a different location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Britani F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Britani - want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with most aspects of your stay. I do apologize that your vehicle was broken into, but I would like to assure you that security is a top priority and we are working diligently to reduce this problem.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for 30 days at the hotel and the staff were always helpful and friendly, the room met all my needs, especially the kitchenette, wifi, & cable TV. The lobby and room were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at an extended stay hotel again in the future if need be.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank armytraveler520
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about your experience! I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location and the accommodations we offer. We strive to provide a Home Away from Home environment so our guests are comfortable and happy during their stay! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Needed to make a short trip to visit relatives in Tacoma. Found the Extended Stay to be clean and well maintained, and an excellent location for my purposes. Breakfast was just a snack, but that suited me fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Tim - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that we were a good fit for your needs while you were enjoying your visit with family. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is a very nice property, rooms are clean, staff freindly. However I have been here 2 weeks and had my truck broken into twice ! First time they hit 11 cars in the parking lot smashing windows. Second time smashed windows on a few vehicles ( mine had the lock punched ). I spoke to the attending police officer who told me that this is a regularr occurance and been going on for months. According to the girl at the front desk, the hotel is situated in a "bad area" .
If you have a pickup or nice car and stay longer than a week, you have a 50/50 chance of having your window smashed, so beware ! The parking lot does have security cameras and is well lit, but does not seem to be much of a deterrent. Not having valuables in the car is a plus, but the annoying thing is the cost of replacing the window.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Michael58775
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff and clean rooms; however, we apologize that you had security concerns while staying at our hotel. Please know, we take guest safety very seriously, which is why we have reached out to the Tacoma Police Department regarding this situation. They are working with us to provide additional security support and we have made additional strides to improve our security systems.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at tac@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My room was clean and very quiet. The wi-fi hook-up was perfect. The staff at the front desk was always helpful and pleasant. The morning coffee was excellent and there was always fresh fruit and other snacks. Extended stay is not a luxury hotel nor does it pretend to be. The bed was comfy, there were enough pillows, and the small kitchen was equipped was essentials. And while I realize that most travelers won't be jumping on the public bus system, there is a transit center that is only a short walk away from the hotel-very handy when one is too tired to brave downtown traffic/construction/parking. As a single woman, I felt very safe here; the parking lot and my room was secure. The other guests seemed a nice mix of families, business people and tourists. And if you must shop in a mall, there is a large one across the street. If your stay is only for a few days, there is usually no housekeeping service. If you need towels or something else, you can ask at the desk. Frankly I prefer not having housekeeping underfoot if I am in the room trying to work. It is more or less like staying in a small apartment. This policy is clearly stated if one reads their guidelines. Extended Stay worked well for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to know that we fit your needs and were able to offer a comfortable stay for you while you were visiting Tacoma. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.