“Great quality at an amazing value!”

Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed for 30 days at the hotel and the staff were always helpful and friendly, the room met all my needs, especially the kitchenette, wifi, & cable TV. The lobby and room were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at an extended stay hotel again in the future if need be.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank armytraveler520
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about your experience! I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location and the accommodations we offer. We strive to provide a Home Away from Home environment so our guests are comfortable and happy during their stay! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Needed to make a short trip to visit relatives in Tacoma. Found the Extended Stay to be clean and well maintained, and an excellent location for my purposes. Breakfast was just a snack, but that suited me fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Tim - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that we were a good fit for your needs while you were enjoying your visit with family. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is a very nice property, rooms are clean, staff freindly. However I have been here 2 weeks and had my truck broken into twice ! First time they hit 11 cars in the parking lot smashing windows. Second time smashed windows on a few vehicles ( mine had the lock punched ). I spoke to the attending police officer who told me that this is a regularr occurance and been going on for months. According to the girl at the front desk, the hotel is situated in a "bad area" .
If you have a pickup or nice car and stay longer than a week, you have a 50/50 chance of having your window smashed, so beware ! The parking lot does have security cameras and is well lit, but does not seem to be much of a deterrent. Not having valuables in the car is a plus, but the annoying thing is the cost of replacing the window.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Michael58775
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff and clean rooms; however, we apologize that you had security concerns while staying at our hotel. Please know, we take guest safety very seriously, which is why we have reached out to the Tacoma Police Department regarding this situation. They are working with us to provide additional security support and we have made additional strides to improve our security systems.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at tac@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My room was clean and very quiet. The wi-fi hook-up was perfect. The staff at the front desk was always helpful and pleasant. The morning coffee was excellent and there was always fresh fruit and other snacks. Extended stay is not a luxury hotel nor does it pretend to be. The bed was comfy, there were enough pillows, and the small kitchen was equipped was essentials. And while I realize that most travelers won't be jumping on the public bus system, there is a transit center that is only a short walk away from the hotel-very handy when one is too tired to brave downtown traffic/construction/parking. As a single woman, I felt very safe here; the parking lot and my room was secure. The other guests seemed a nice mix of families, business people and tourists. And if you must shop in a mall, there is a large one across the street. If your stay is only for a few days, there is usually no housekeeping service. If you need towels or something else, you can ask at the desk. Frankly I prefer not having housekeeping underfoot if I am in the room trying to work. It is more or less like staying in a small apartment. This policy is clearly stated if one reads their guidelines. Extended Stay worked well for me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to know that we fit your needs and were able to offer a comfortable stay for you while you were visiting Tacoma. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Room was nice, it came with a kitchen, but what's the se of having it hen suffer can not supply you with the needed things to enjoy the kitchen. Stay 6 nights and not once did a housekeeper bother to come in to change sheets, towels or garbage, even when asked to several times. When calling the front desk for service, they tell the guest to find a housekeeper on the floor to get items you need.......I paid good money to have not had the quality service I deserve. I old not recommend Extended Stay to a enemy, let alone a friend or family....the only good thing of this place is that it is across the street from the Tacoma Mall. Pictures look nice online, but don't be fooled, bathroom smelled of mildew. Extended Stay please step up your staff and house keeping. Housekeeping should be done daily to your aging guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eboney R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to cover the issues you have brought to our attention. Housekeeping is provided weekly to guests who stay 8 nights or more. Guests can receive a room refresh, at their request, for an additional fee. The housekeeping policy should have been explained to you upon your check-in. I will be addressing with our staff to clearly outline our policies with each guest. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TAC@extendedstay.com.We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Checked in to find our reservations were not correct. We made them in Feb. and checked in May 16th so booked ahead in plenty of time. We booked a suite which was supposed to include a king bed and sofa sleeper. Our room only had the king bed. We also booked a room for the rest in our party who were to check in the following day. That reservation which was also confirmed was for a double. They said they were both booked for the evening of May 16th which was not correct. They also said they didn't have any suites or doubles. Disappointing since that was what we booked and received confirmation.

Hotel is in need of basic upgrades,the carpet is so worn and filthy in the lobby and on our floor which was the 4th. Trash outside the hotel was not emptied for two days and spilled onto the sidewalk. Both in front and on side of entrances. Inside side door the linoleum was filthy with trash sitting by the staircase. Did not see anyone clean the common areas the entire stay of 6 days. They must work with a skeleton staff. Just saw one person at the front desk.

Will not be returning to any of the Extended Stay Properties plenty of other choices out there.

Only good thing about this property is a convenient location.

Room Tip: Does not matter which type of accommodation you book, you will just get what they have.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bonnie N
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the confusion with your room types as well as the cleanliness of the hotel is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working together to communicate more effectively to alleviate room type mix-ups as well as confirming that all areas of the hotel are checked regularly for cleanliness. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at tac@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I would like to thank the front desk staff (Sean, Roel, Amy and Shereen) for their wonderful and personal reception. They are fun, pleasant and helpful. Whenever I approached the desk for any question or concern, they were so eager to help and assist. I always try to stay at Extended Stay for all my vacations and you have not disappointed me yet. Thanks to you I had a great time in Tacoma/Seattle for my 7 day vacation. The rooms were clean, neat and very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our Front Desk team members. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to offer you a comfortable stay while you were in the Tacoma/Seattle area.