“Extended Stay America Tacoma South was just right for me.”

Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Spokane, Washington
“Extended Stay America Tacoma South was just right for me.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My room was clean and very quiet. The wi-fi hook-up was perfect. The staff at the front desk was always helpful and pleasant. The morning coffee was excellent and there was always fresh fruit and other snacks. Extended stay is not a luxury hotel nor does it pretend to be. The bed was comfy, there were enough pillows, and the small kitchen was equipped was essentials. And while I realize that most travelers won't be jumping on the public bus system, there is a transit center that is only a short walk away from the hotel-very handy when one is too tired to brave downtown traffic/construction/parking. As a single woman, I felt very safe here; the parking lot and my room was secure. The other guests seemed a nice mix of families, business people and tourists. And if you must shop in a mall, there is a large one across the street. If your stay is only for a few days, there is usually no housekeeping service. If you need towels or something else, you can ask at the desk. Frankly I prefer not having housekeeping underfoot if I am in the room trying to work. It is more or less like staying in a small apartment. This policy is clearly stated if one reads their guidelines. Extended Stay worked well for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so happy to know that we fit your needs and were able to offer a comfortable stay for you while you were visiting Tacoma. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Room was nice, it came with a kitchen, but what's the se of having it hen suffer can not supply you with the needed things to enjoy the kitchen. Stay 6 nights and not once did a housekeeper bother to come in to change sheets, towels or garbage, even when asked to several times. When calling the front desk for service, they tell the guest to find a housekeeper on the floor to get items you need.......I paid good money to have not had the quality service I deserve. I old not recommend Extended Stay to a enemy, let alone a friend or family....the only good thing of this place is that it is across the street from the Tacoma Mall. Pictures look nice online, but don't be fooled, bathroom smelled of mildew. Extended Stay please step up your staff and house keeping. Housekeeping should be done daily to your aging guest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eboney R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to cover the issues you have brought to our attention. Housekeeping is provided weekly to guests who stay 8 nights or more. Guests can receive a room refresh, at their request, for an additional fee. The housekeeping policy should have been explained to you upon your check-in. I will be addressing with our staff to clearly outline our policies with each guest. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TAC@extendedstay.com.We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Checked in to find our reservations were not correct. We made them in Feb. and checked in May 16th so booked ahead in plenty of time. We booked a suite which was supposed to include a king bed and sofa sleeper. Our room only had the king bed. We also booked a room for the rest in our party who were to check in the following day. That reservation which was also confirmed was for a double. They said they were both booked for the evening of May 16th which was not correct. They also said they didn't have any suites or doubles. Disappointing since that was what we booked and received confirmation.

Hotel is in need of basic upgrades,the carpet is so worn and filthy in the lobby and on our floor which was the 4th. Trash outside the hotel was not emptied for two days and spilled onto the sidewalk. Both in front and on side of entrances. Inside side door the linoleum was filthy with trash sitting by the staircase. Did not see anyone clean the common areas the entire stay of 6 days. They must work with a skeleton staff. Just saw one person at the front desk.

Will not be returning to any of the Extended Stay Properties plenty of other choices out there.

Only good thing about this property is a convenient location.

Room Tip: Does not matter which type of accommodation you book, you will just get what they have.
2 Thank Bonnie N
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the confusion with your room types as well as the cleanliness of the hotel is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working together to communicate more effectively to alleviate room type mix-ups as well as confirming that all areas of the hotel are checked regularly for cleanliness. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at tac@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I would like to thank the front desk staff (Sean, Roel, Amy and Shereen) for their wonderful and personal reception. They are fun, pleasant and helpful. Whenever I approached the desk for any question or concern, they were so eager to help and assist. I always try to stay at Extended Stay for all my vacations and you have not disappointed me yet. Thanks to you I had a great time in Tacoma/Seattle for my 7 day vacation. The rooms were clean, neat and very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our Front Desk team members. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to offer you a comfortable stay while you were in the Tacoma/Seattle area.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The location was in a convenient location. I was very pleased with the courteous hospitality of the staff. I plan on returning to this location and I will definitely recommend it to others.cleanliness is important to me and the overall appearance was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about the way the staff treated you while you were away from your home. As well, I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Roel at Extended Stay deserves a shout-out for being professional and flexible. When my car broke down on my way from Spokane to Tacoma, I had to cancel my reservation. Roel was friendly and courteous regarding the cancellation. Turns out I cancelled too soon. To my surprise, my fiance came to the rescue by picking me up in Moses Lake to finish my trip, but she had to bring my kids and her dog along. I called Roel back and he was able to make sure we had a room, plus he was able to accomodate the unexpected dog and extra guests. I like the location of the hotel. It is close to Ft. Lewis (JBLM), and within walking distance of Buffaloe Wild Wings. The rooms are clean and fairly basic, although it is nice to have a microwaive and refrigerator available. The AC worked well and wasn't too loud. TV was a flatscreen, but didn't get much use on my trip. I gave it five stars, but this should be measured against other hotels with basic amenities. This place is not the Ritz, but the value is high and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The handicapped accessible room is larger than a standard room, and you get to be on the first floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Patrick - It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you were pleased with Roel and so happy to know that he made such a positive impact on your stay.

Fort Irwin, California
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The room is ok. AC and heat is working fine. It's got a microwave and a fridg. Lighting in the room is ok. Beds are comfortable. Nothing special. It's clean but the bathroom smells awful. Amenities you gotta ask. No one is available to check out at 5am. The location is very convenient.

Room Tip: I guess, all the rooms are the same. Nothing special on the 2nd floor room. Convenient location and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our location convenient. I will be reaching out to our Housekeeping staff in regards to your comments on the odor within your room.