“Happy with our stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Decent place, allowed our dog which was a real selling point. Lots of road noise from nearby freeway and room doors slammed loudly at all times of day. Free continental breakfast closes at 10:00 but they were nice to keep it open a bit longer for our sleepy fellow travelers. Front desk staff were great and very helpful, we would stay here again for a quick nights rest, we're off to Seattle next morning and proximity was nice, 40 mins away

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed January 9, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here several days for business. The staff here is extremely curious. When I first entered the room the front desk called to ask if everything was acceptable which surprised me for a la quinta. The rooms are spacious but do need updating. The hotel offers room service and a free breakfast. I enjoyed the restaurant layout for the breakfast. Lots of slamming of doors went on here at night, lots. I didn't find the mattress very comfortable and I probably will not stay at this hotel again because I had a room on the back side of the hotel and barely slept. There is a manufacturing company right next to the hotel and they begin banging very very early. Also, there was a large truck parked the entire night two nights of my stay directly on the street below my window (I believe it was delivering to the company next door). He played loud music and the idle of the engine was loud due to the size of his truck. He finally pulled out at 6 AM both mornings. I also had issues with the cleanliness of the bathroom and there was bathroom mold above the shower. I more than likely won't stay here again mainly because I left so sleep deprived.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks for sharing your comments abour your experiences at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your stay, and we're sorry you did not get a great night's sleep while with us. We'll definitely be working with our team to make sure they are more aware of the surroundings so they can help talk to guests and stop issues like the parking lot noise from happening again. We want all of our guests to have a great night's sleep when staying with us and we're hoping you'll come back and give us another try!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

As far as the hotel room is concerned, the Inn is excellent. Any time. Any day.

But if you are staying here over any holiday period (I stayed on Dec 23 and Dec 30): please don't expect any food services (including room service) beyond the "Bright Side" cold buffet breakfast. I don't mean for just for breakfast. I mean for any meal. Don't think you can dine in the hotel restaurant. Or order room service (Not a new idea: there's been restaurants and room service as long as there have been hotels.) Please don't assume this is a full service hotel if you are staying at any time close to a holiday. The restaurant is kind of "rogue": evidently they create their own rules. Holiday room service? Dial 5525 and expect no one to answer. How dare you interrupt their holiday?

I have been staying here for over a decade, and I recall the golden years when this place was the equivalent of a real hotel. However, this year's food/restaurant service in the general vicinity of holidays is the absolute worst I've yet to endure. Anyone who assumes that the pricey room rate includes accessibility to room service--har de har har.

I am gravely disappointed in what I am currently enduring. The future may be better (I can only hope), but I don't want anyone to stay here under any misconceptions.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the side away from the freeway (odd numbers on rooms)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DukeBaham
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma. We’re sorry about the food & beverage services provided during the holidays. Your comments are quite concerning to us and we’re going to be speaking further with our management teams to understand why the services our guests expect for dining were not provided. We’d like to chat with you further regarding your experiences. Would you mind contacting us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed for three nights while visiting family in town. Our room was good and clean just a bit small. The bed is always comfortable at this chain. It generally needed a little maintenance. Lights were broken in the room, hallways and elevators weren't clean. The staff was always friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good and had a nice variety.
We would probably stay again, partly because of the location.

Room Tip: go to the top floor facing away from the freeway, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple