“Nice place!”

Duke's Chowder House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Chowder House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 751 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Oregon City, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Great restaurant with a excellent view and nice atmosphere !! Food is pretty good !!!

• Visited May 2012

Lake Tapps
“Great Seafood and Chowder”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Duke's is known for having the best chowder that you will ever have. They have several award-winning varieties. You will want to try them all.

Visited May 2012
Enumclaw
“Something for the Whole Family”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We visited Duke's Chowder House in March 2011 for a family day in Tacoma. My husband and I are big seafood fans and our kids, sadly, are not - but there was something for everyone on the menu. We would have preferred to have been seated where we'd have a view of the water - it's too bad that as large as they are they can't accommodate everyone in this way, but we still had a great time.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Waitress and Bad Customer Service”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Terrible waitress my husband and I came in at 5pm change of shift so service was delayed. The waitress never apologized so I was irritated and kept shaking my head, I heard her talking about me to another staff that is unacceptable! We ordered I$95 worth of food the least that she could do is apologize for the wait explain that there is shift change I will understand. When we were about to leave I talked to the Shift Manager he apologized but that was it he just said I apologized. After this incident I never went back there again. I am a regular at CI Shenanigans better staff the wait staff are attentive they make sure everything is done right. I just watched Restaurant Stakeout they can learn from this show. Customer is always right, Apologize and emphatize. How do I make it better? Here is a free appetizer next time you dine. NO I will never come back and I told people about my terrible service. There are plenty of restaurant choices and the food is not that spectacular!

1 Thank Foodblogger13
Chilliwack
“Good Chowder and great crab cakes”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Dukes is a friendly pub/restaurant. The crab cakes for lunch are great and they specialize in chowders. Aso good views if you can get to the window.

Visited February 2012