“Always Amazing”

Ranked #148 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had the barbeque burger and the big New Yorker....a switch from our favorite mac & yease. So delicious we had to eat it all instead of bringing some home as planned. I can't believe this place is not packed all day every day!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My brother and I made a trip up to Tacoma for a concert at the Tacoma Dome and wanted to grab a bite to eat first. I wanted something Vegan and looked at TripAdvisor for a place to eat. I found Quickie Too, read some of the reviews and we decided to give it a try. Like most of the reviews say, the neighborhood looks real sketchy and the building doesn't look that great either, but don't let that make you too nervous to go inside. I ordered the Jamaican Spice TLT Tempeh Lettuce Tomato sandwich. It was SO good. My brother ordered the Jamaican Spice Tempeh Sub and he thought it was SO delicious. So we were very pleasantly surprised. It is a little up there in price ($9-$11) for a meal, but for Vegan food that is around the price you generally pay at restaurants. I would like to try their other locations in Seattle as well next time we are in the area. Maybe those ones won't look so shady ;)

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Don't be turned off by the looks of the building or the neighborhood, Quickie Too makes the most amazing Vegan food. My husband and I go there often for BBQ Burgers and delicious wraps - try "The Evil One" it is an amazing seitan steak wrap that is big enough for 2 people! The service can seem a bit slow but it is worth the wait for how great all the food is. There is no comparison for vegan food in Tacoma!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Quickies Too is one of those, "take you by surprise" restaurants. First off, it is located right in the heart of Hilltop neighborhood in Tacoma, which if you're not from around here, can get a little dicey. A neighborhood notorious for crime and violent gangs. The building itself looks like an old Dairy Queen or something, and it doesn't exactly have a big sign. Inside is fairly small with eight or nine tables, lots of reggae posters on the wall, and usually reggae music playing. The food is what keeps me coming back though: I usually go with the wraps: The Jamaican spice or the evil one (made with seitan), served with rice and bean. So freaking good. Don't listen to the negative reviews, this is stuff is amazing. I don't live the vegan life, but this food makes me think twice. A little spendy is my only gripe.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

My husband and I went here as we heard the food was good. I'm very rarely so grossed out by food that I'm unable to eat it, but this was one of those times. I ordered the "famous" Jamacian spicy burger, it was dry and just nasty tasting. It came with a tablespoon of beans and rice for $9. He ordered the "big" burger, he said the flavor was better then mine but he too was very unsatisfied. The servers are friendly and the place is fairly clean, but we would never be able to eat that food again, it was terrible.

1  Thank LouiseTheTraveler