“Good Beer”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited here while traveling for work and loved the beer. The food was good as well but a bit pricy.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Usually we have pretty good luck with The Ram, but not so tonight. My husband ordered the whiskey chicken and it was very bland and the mashed potatoes tasted like they came out of a box. Service was very slow tonight and no one bothered to ask us how our food was or refill our beverages. Overall - a disappointing experience and not worth the money we had to pay for dinner.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Ram is a fun place to go for a good meal, fun setting, and a great view of Commencement Bay and what is happening on the water. I love the chicken almond salad, the burgers, and french dips. I sure like the free refills in soft drinks and ice tea too!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The calamari appetizer served was so tender we could cut it with a fork with little effort and it didn't bounce back when chewed. The coating was lite and crisp and the sweet chili garlic and rosette sauce for dipping was yummy.

The wife enjoyed a hamburger with Kettle chips made in-house. The hamburger was substantial and the chips were awesome.

I ordered the fish and chips. The fish was wonderful - the french fries were soggy/greasy and the coleslaw kind of fell flat. The New England style clam chowder was more puree, lacking any resemblance of chopped clams or diced potatoes.

Our server was great, and allowed for enough time between courses so we could finish at our leisure but not have to wait too long for the next item to arrive and made sure that our beverages were maintained to our liking.

I wouldn't mind trying something else on the menu but probably will not go out of my way to do so, not even for the best calamari ever.

1  Thank 1wraspir
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have eaten there several times while working here in Tacoma weekly. So far, I have never been disappointed. I don't drink beer, but I understand that they have a good selection. I love how the restaurant is on the water, and on a warmer day you can sit outside.