“Great view, awful food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ram Restaurant & Brewery

The Ram Restaurant & Brewery
Ranked #14 of 741 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tacoma, WA
“Great view, awful food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Every time I eat at the Ram on Ruston Way, I regret it. Most recently I had a friend down from Seattle, and since it was a beautiful sunny day (rare for February) we thought it would be nice to eat there. The nicest thing she could think to say was "I think my bun was freezer burned" and she said she would prefer not to go there again in the future since the food was "disgusting". For lunch last week I had sliders and a 1/2 salad. The sliders were like dense little hockey pucks (typically I love pretzel buns) and the salad greens were limp. At $28 with 2 lunch specials, water to drink, tax and tip, my friend and I agreed that the view wasn't worth that much to us. As a side, for a restuarant that specializes in burgers, they should know how to make a good juicy medium burger, but every "medium" burger I have ordered there has come out beyond well done and dry. If you want a good burger, go elsewhere, but if you have no taste buds and want a nice view of the water, this place is for you!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank CommencementBay

“Beautiful views of the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is fairly average with a few really great entrees. But the atmosphere is awesome! Always busy espicially on weekends. Very popular spot and good beer- the bloody mary's are amazing.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Drinks and Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I at there for her first time. I had the Notorious P.I.G. and she had the Grilled Chicken Tenders. We both raved about our meals!

• Visited January 2013
Tacoma,WA
“Sports bar with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is delicious and reasonably priced, service is good. Be prepared for a noisy background when a game is on TV. It's a family-friendly restaurant with a great water view.

Visited November 2012
Lakebay
“Great offerings of good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

They have a wonderful selection to meet just about anyones needs. The food is consistently tasty, and a good value for the price.

Visited October 2012