“Try the salted caramel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hello Cupcake

Hello Cupcake
Ranked #3 of 16 Bakeries in Tacoma
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellingham, Washington
“Try the salted caramel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a cute store that has a nice variety of cupcakes. The salted caramel was delicious! It's definitely worth stopping in!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank BellinghamBabe

Lakewood, Washington, USA
“Wedding Cake Prep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I recently stopped in with my future daughter-in-law to do cupcake tasting for the upcoming wedding. We were graciously treated to a variety of fine cupcakes to choose for a cupcake tower wedding presentation. So many flavors and so hard to choose. Red velvet is amazing but the frostings are the over the top literally. It's a small place but well situated for fine cupcakes as a finishing touch to dining or just plain gobbling. It's our wedding cake alternative. Stay tuned!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Surfpinky
Kentucky, USA
“Cute store, bad cupcakes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We popped into Hello, Cupcake on Sunday afternoon to pick up some treats for an impromptu birthday party for my stepson (age 5). Since the target-audience was, primarily, the kids, we stuck with classic flavors: chocolate, vanilla and red velvet.

The store is adorable and the cupcakes themselves were very pretty (and, I should add, refreshingly reasonably priced at only $3 each), but they didn't taste good. All of the cupcakes seemed overcooked and had a texture more akin to a muffin (they had hard "muffintops") than a true cupcake. They were also very dry and made lots of crumbs.

The chocolate cupcakes were frosted with such an intense, dark chocolate that the kids wouldn't eat them. The cake part (though dry) was better. The vanilla cupcake didn't have much of any flavor at all and the red velvet was, again, very, very dry. The only part of the cupcakes that I enjoyed was the cream cheese frosting on the red velvet (but a little went a long way).

I suppose that I am spoiled by Gigi's Cupcakes back east (I know it is a chain, but the cupcakes are all amazing) and used to big, moist cakes. Hopefully I just caught this place on an off day (I mean, the other reviews are fabulous, which is why I stopped by), but I wish we had picked up a box of cupcakes from the grocery store instead.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank kirixchi
Rome, Italy
“Deliciousness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We used hello, cupcake for our wedding cake/cupcakes and LOVED them! We will visit them every chance we are in Tacoma!

The staff were very friendly, helpful, and accommodating - one of our flavors was out-of-season (meaning that we had to order at least four dozen), but due to a change in our numbers, we were at the point where we would have to cut down on our other main flavor (due to the required four dozen). However, the staff at hello, cupcake (and specifically the baker, Alex I believe her name was) worked their magic and found another wedding party who had ordered the out-of-season flavor and allowed us to split the required four dozen order between the two parties!

The cupcakes are amazing - I actually got a sugar headache because they are so good! We can't say enough about hello, cupcake and will sing their praises!

• Visited August 2013
Washington
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

When I walked in I was soooo excited! The place looks so cute and the cupcakes look wonderful. The presentation is really good. I bought the toffee almond and a coconut. They were about $3.00 a piece and not worth it at all. The toffee almond frosting was very tasty - but WAY too much frosting! Same with the coconut. The actual cupcakes were pretty dry and tasteless. I like moist and dense cake, not light and dry. I will not return here. I can make much better ones myself.

• Visited July 2013