“Sweeeet!”

Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Spokane, Washington
“Sweeeet!”
Reviewed March 1, 2008

New since last year Hello, Cupcake is a sweet spot in the middle of Tacoma's Museum District. Across Pacific Avenue from Union Station, the bakery has a selection of cupcakes to suit any taste. I fell in love with Hello, cupcake even before I stepped in the door. A sandwich board with a large cupcake drew me right in. The cupcake selection was spread out on an immaculate counter behind a glass partition. White with buttercream, white with chocolate, and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream or chocolate icing are the basic flavors. The menu is rounded out with red velvet, carrot, and coconut cupcakes. On my first visit I tried red velvet and coconut cupcakes. On my second, I had coconut again in addition to chocolate cake with mocha icing. All were delicious. A friend also tried white cake with chocolate icing. The icing on each was rich and thick with loads of flavor. The cakes are small enough that you can indulge in more than one at a time.
Hello, Cupcake offers vintage sodas, bottled water, sparkling cider and milk.
Besides cupcakes Hello, Cupcake has a selection of t-shirts, ceramic mugs, cake pedestals, and vintage style cupcake picks.
The bakery offers cupcakes by the dozen and has a party room, available by reservation.
The next time I'm in Tacoma, I'll make a bee-line for Hello, Cupcake!

2 Thank AccidentalBavarian