“Great location overpriced accomodations”
Review of Tacoma Dome

Tacoma Dome
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tacoma
Tacoma Dome
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel -- rooms guaranteed to be ready for 3 pm check in. Upon arriving at the hotel at 4:30 our room was not ready. The front desk clerk offered me a lesser room which was clean and ready (2 fulls vs 2 queens) but with no price adjustment. When I declined she told me I'd have to wait for an undetermined amount of time and should sit in the lobby -- she would come find me when our room was ready. After waiting a full hour I went back to the front desk and demanded a room (it's now 5:30). We secured a room at 5:45; however the front desk clerk was visibly perturbed. Trying to access our room was another ordeal. The hotel was sold out and one of the elevators was broken. No sign was posted, we waited 20 min to get a ride to the 3rd floor. When asked if we could use the stairs we were told "NO" due to a party that was going on in one of the meeting rooms. In order to leave the 3rd floor we used the stairs -- the stairwell smelled, old garbage was on the floors and there was a large pool of standing water. The door leaving the stairwell to the main floor was partially blocked with a table which we had to squeeze under in order to get our the door -- a serious fire hazard. No room service was available although it is advertised on their web sight and there are ice machines on only 2 floors as opposed to the advertisement that there is ice available on every floor. Carpet in the hallways was badly stained and there was garbage left outside many of the rooms. Overall, poor service, poor quality and poor value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This facility is used for a number of function from car shows to musicals church functions conventions, I have been here many times for many reasons.
It is well maintained, well laid out and extremely functional and versatile.
Many rooms available close from budget to better as one goes down town Tacoma and or the waterfront. These are very close and easy to get to.
When visiting do not miss the great restaurant lounge at the top of the hill incredible view and a happy hour you will not want to miss!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our room we nothing more than an oversized closet. They had so much Old oversized furniture that made this room shrink in size, and the very old, 27 in TV, that took up most of the space on the desk..... I gues what whey consider to be the upgrade scale of this hotel, is the bathroom had marbel counter tops..... Who cares when the rest of the room is crap. Not to metntion the Door stop, they placed in the bath room about 2 inches out from the tub, so it would be right where you step out of the shower. Not very good planning on this one. Very dissapointing. Bar/resturant was only open from 5-10 even on the weekend. One guess said they were open the thursday before until 1pm. But the friday night we were there and wanted to have a drink at 9:30 said sorry we are closing soon........ What kind of business are you running? Staff was not so friendly either. Waste of time and money dont stay here!!!

Room Tip: Not sure this place has a good room...........
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The place is dirty, elevator (1) is very slow, elevator (2) does not work.

Restaraunt is only open 5pm until 10 pm with a very limited menu. On day one of three day stay I asked for iced tea, She came back and said "sorry sir, we are fresh out". For desert she gave me three choices, one was carrot cake. "Sorry, fresh out of that too"! Three days later, still no iced tea or carrot cake.

No newspapers in lobby!
Poor water pressure and temp.

this is supposed to be a Best Western Plus? I give it a big MINUS

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed herre for three days while attending the National Railway Historical Society Board Meeting and Convention. It was not the official convention hotel as that hotel was downtown, but it was more economical and was located near the free trolley shuttle to downtown and also was located withing walking distance of the railroad station and bus services to the SeaTac Airport. I found this hotel to be excellent in all respects. I hope to stay t here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My hotel was not cleaned while I spent to days. The adjoining room a young child was staying there and screamed the entire time. It sounds as though the child might have been cutting teeth but the door is so thin you can hear the neighboring conversation as well as the screams. The water pressure was poor and very little hot water. I will give kudos to the security though.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo