“Nice stay at the Shilo”

Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We stayed at the Shilo Inn while visiting PLU. It is a short drive to the University.
The Shilo Inn was very clean and the staff friendly.
The breakfast was acceptable. We have had better, and worse. It would have been nice to have had tables in the lobby where you could sit and eat, rather than sitting on the couch and chairs holding your food or having to go back to the room.
The hotel decor and rooom seemed kind of dark. However, the bed was very comfortable and the room surprisingly quiet.
Don't go across the street to Elmers. After crossing the busy street in the middle of a long block, the food was bad and so was the service. There is a shopping mall close by to the north with other spots to dine that would be better. Or, try the Chineese buffett further south on Hosmer. It was outstanding and not like any others we have tired.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank santiamtwh

Reviewed February 20, 2006

Ron at the Shilo Inn in Tacoma WA went above and beyond in assisting my husband and I with web check in for the US Airways. His thoughtfulness saved us a lot of time and lessened our angst with an early morning flight. Thanks Ron, Shilo Inn is blessed to have such a wonderful employee that gives extrordinary service with a pleasant smile.

2  Thank sallyn466
Wenatchee Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2006

My business requires me to visit Tacoma every three months for meetings. I have always stayed at the Tacoma Shilo for the last 7-8 years. I could have stayed at hotels closer, newer or a number of other reasons but what brings me back is the hotel staff. I can walk in any day of the week and they recognize me. One employee in particular needs to be recognized for her cheerfulness and can do personality and that is Jeanette. She makes the stay worth while and I look forward to my trips to the Shilo.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed January 25, 2006

I stayed based on the reviews and was quite disappointed. When I asked the front desk if I could speak with 'Lori' they responded rudely that she wasn't there anymore. I don't know who she is but apparently the place isn't what it was. Rude front desk, room not clean, and a wreched continental breakfast.

Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed September 11, 2005

I have written a review once before-experienced Seaside Shilo inn-negative-HAD to stay @ Shilo Inn Tacoma and because of staff I am now sold on the place after saying never again would I step foot in a Shilo Inn.
In August my dear friend became suddenly ill, I had to make flight/hotel /car rental reservations and get up there from AZ ASAP Understandably I was quite upset-lightbulb moment-I called Lori Johnson @ Tacoma Shilo Inn-she took care of EVERYTHING for me-really helped in a difficult situation-during my stay-my friend did pass away and Lori Johnson bent over backwards to see to any and all of our needs. My family and friend's relatives will always stay with Shilo Inn, Tacoma-I can not thank her enough for her help and comfort-after our terrible Seaside incident I thought all Shilo Inns would be of same poor service/quality/non caring to resolve problems-no way-Tacoma Shilo Inn and Ms. Johnson are EXCELLENT-ask for her when you call for reservations-you will be very well taken care of I assure you. Thank you for having her employed there.
Debbie Douglas

Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Snohomish, WA
Reviewed July 20, 2005

THANK YOU!! We stayed overnight at Tacoma Shilo Inn during our road trip. It was a convienent, comfortable, and an affordable stop on our way overnight with the family. THANK YOU!! Will definately come again.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2005

Stayed here because of the reviews and wish we hadn't. Room didn't seem very clean, bedding had hair all over, and wasn't stocked up with supplies. We were right behind the elevator and had to keep the fan on all night to drown out the noise. Hotel room could use some fresh paint and ceiling repair in bathroom. Very disapointed in the cont. breakfast. Wasn't fresh and the attendant was more interested in clipping coupons from the paper than restocking the items. Also no place to sit and eat, had to balance items on your lap in the lobby. Had to cross a very busy 4 lane street to get to the closest resturant for dinner. Over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2005