“Better Hotels in the area”

Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Pleasanton, California, United States
“Better Hotels in the area”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only. Our room was across from the ice machine, and the window opened up to the freeway. There were 4 of us. You could hardly turn around in the bathroom it was so small and we only received 2 towels. The morning continental breakfast was marginal. No eggs, and the pancakes tasted like they were plastic. Needless to say I will not be staying there again. I even asked for another room and was told there were not any available. Surprisingly the parking lot was not full, nor were there many people in the hotel itself. Besides this, the staff was somewhat friendly, some were however a little standoffish. I was surprised at this from the Shilo Inn chain, as other places we've stayed were much nicer and friendlier.

Room Tip: stay away from the freeway side and vending machines!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia J
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Patricia J,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your room and our services. We work hard to accommodate everyone’s needs.

Our continental breakfast offers a variety of items – Belgium waffles, assortment of muffins, bagels and pasties, hot and cold cereals, variety of yogurts, hard boiled eggs, breakfast burritos, orange and apple juice and fresh fruit, milk, coffee and teas. You’re right, we did not illustrate the Shilo motto’s of affordable excellence in providing the best service possible. If our staff came across as impolite or standoffish in any way, I want to apologize. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you’re in Tacoma.

Jo Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stopped at this Shilo for just one night on our way to Seattle. The front desk agent was incredibly friendly, she went out of her way to ensure we felt welcome and had everything we needed.

We ate dinner just down the street and found a lot of other nice dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear JosephChene,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I appreciate your comments greatly. My staff is wonderful and is our greatest asset. I hope if you find yourself in the Tacoma area again that you’ll stop in for a visit.

Conroe, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The room was clean enough, but the hotel was old. The elevator made me a little nervous. It clicked and popped and shimmied when it went up. We stayed on the 3rd or 4th floor which when anyone walked on the floor it felt like floor was giving in some it was a little unnerving to be honest. We stayed there while visiting friends in the for 3 nights and it was booked it by a 3rd party website otherwise it is not one I would have chosen. The staff was nice, the security guard that walked around checking parking lot all night I think liked talking to the women at the front desk more than walking around because I saw him there a lot. He is young so I guess its to be expected. I didn't dislike the hotel but I cant say I would stay again. This was the only time my husband and I got time alone on the two week trip we took so if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't chose this hotel. The breakfast was typical free breakfast.

Dear Itzme01,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your constructive critique of our performance. Your observations have aided us in locating areas of our service needing improvement. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with my sons baseball team. The pool was great for the kids and the rooms were clean but the beds were so hard. No matter how many people were in your room they only gave two towels a day. But worst of all was the breakfast. If you are staying there to have a free breakfast don't. Our first morning breakfast was frozen bagels that we had to thaw then toast tiny muffins and tiny pastries. I am a carb lover but I would like some protein other that a boiled egg. Overall it was a good location but that's about it. Oh and all the restaurants nearby have signs saying watch out for "smash and grab" take all your valuables in with you.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow. We went to Costco and bought a few.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear heather122,

We thoroughly enjoyed having the team and families stay with the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma during the tournament. We’ve recently upgraded our beds; they’re brand new along with the bedding, armoires and the flat screen TVs. You made some excellent suggestions and we’ll be looking into making some of your changes. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience. I look you will give us another opportunity if you find yourself in the Tacoma in the future.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Shilo Inn and found it it be a nice hotel. The beds were big, rooms large, had all the stuff I want like tv, fridge, etc. Plus a pool that I think was open at all hours which is pretty unusual. Naturally the room was a little noisy since the hotel is off the freeway, but I personally find the hum of traffic a great sleep inducer. Didn't have a chance to try the free breakfast since I was meeting someone, but It looked pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear LairdCamster,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel services and amenities. We’re recently updated a number of items on the property and your comments were most generous. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Tacoma. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed her with my family for 2 nights, it's a pretty busy hotel lots of families so their free continental breakfast was crowded basic breakfast fare waffles, cereal, some fruit, coffee, bagels. The room was pretty basic a bit bit bigger there was a queen bed and king bed which was nice , the hotel at night is quiet , we didn't hear our neighbors at all except for the air conditioner unit on the window, room was clean. The staff was helpful in getting what we needed for the room when asked for more pillows and towels. Great location, great staff clean facilities.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter
Dear Carbmen,

Thank you for your kind comments on our services and amenities regarding your recent visit to the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction, it is much appreciated. We hope to see you in the future.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel was average but comfortable with friendly staff, a good location and decent facilities. The pool was nice and the fitness center above average for this type of hotel. The facility and parking felt very safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Ekeko7,

Thank you for your comments regarding our facility and amenities. I appreciate you taking to the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.