Shilo Inns Tacoma
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$189
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma - Seattle(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotel Murano(Tacoma)
$212
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewshour poolwaffleshot tubopen hoursindoor poolrestaurants and shoppingfront desk staffolive gardencontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsburritopleasant staynice breakfastwaffle makerroom was spaciouswe've stayedthe breakfast area
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel situated just out of town on interstate 5, found the room well equipped, clean and tidy
and again, l found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Ideally located for exploring this part of the state. A complimentary buffet style breakfast is available and there is a restaurant opposite
offering a full menu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel if you are overly concerned with traffic noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear scwBuryStEds.

Thank you for the taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed your lovely comments onto our staff. You are so correct; we are ideally located right off I-5 near all the major attractions and just south of JBLM / McChord AFB and Fort Lewis Army Base. Elmer’s restaurant provides our room service and is located across the street from the hotel. I hope you will stay with us at the Shilo Inn & Suites the next time you are in Tacoma. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was here for 2 nights on business. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the linens seemed fresh. Not enough towels in the room as they were small.

Really this hotel was what you'd expect mid range; however, the staff was incerdibly frinedly and helpful even when I arrived and they had made an error in my reservation and had me down the next night. (the reservation had been changed and not recorded apparently.) I was EXTRA impressed that the staff warned me a high school sports team was coming in and they put me on the uppermost floor as the kids would be on the 1st and second floors. THANK YOU!!!!

The breakfast inclkuded oatmeal, bagels, eggs, some fruit and waffles. There was milk, water, coffee and 2 kinds of juice available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear h2002,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. We pride ourselves on superior customer service. Our employees are our greatest asset; they do such an outstanding job. We are the midst of a number of upgrades; we recently upgraded to new pillow top beds, bedding package and will be installing new flat screen TVs and armoires in the near future. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying at this motel for about 3 years now on a regular basis. The staff is absolutely first rate, including security. They are friendly, helpful and even gave me a ride to the airport when my cab didn't show up. (That's not normal) They go way above and beyond for their customers. I can walk in the door, and they know me by name, and have my room ready for me, including the temperature of the room, which has been adjusted to how I like it. From the gals who clean the rooms, to the manager, desk staff and security, as well as the folks who care for the grounds and maintanance, I have yet to meet a member who wasn't friendly, kind and helpful. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable with 2 queen beds- new!, a microwave and refridgerator. Thanks to the staff of this motel- they make every stay safe, comfortable and enjoyable. The pool, sauna, hottub and excersize room are available 24 hours, using your room key, and they provide big fluffy towels poolside for their customers. They have a really nice breakfast bar, including homemade waffles! Great place to stay for anyone searching for a clean, large, comfortable room in the Tacoma area.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the 3rd floor, but every room is similar, and I've stayed in many.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Ronnie L,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. Your comments on our performance and accommodations were most generous and shall be passed on to the staff members. We pride ourselves on superior customer service. Our employees are our greatest asset; they do such an outstanding job. I am grateful that you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tacoma.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was not familiar with this chain, so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasently surprised. Fom the beginning, we were greeted with a friendly smile by the staff, which continued throughout the entire stay. This was a short stay with our grandkids, but proved to be beyond our expectations. Even with the 2 beds, the rooms were large enough for room for the boys to play. The pool area was very well kept up, and the boys enjoyed it. The pool was our main reason for booking at this motel, but it turned out this was one of the reasons for staying at this motel. The breakfast consisted of hot and cold items, and was very adequate. What turned out to be a trip of uncertainity, turned out to be a great experience. The motel is easy to get to, as well as surrounded by numerous restaurants, to satisfy anyone's tastes. We will definitely consider this motel. and chain in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear roomchecker,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit to the Shilo Inn & Suites. Your comments were very kind. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. Our staff’s dedication to customer service is our most valuable asset. I will be sharing your wonderful letter with them. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tacoma.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to visit my son who was returning from Afghanistan. What a wonderful place and very clean. The room had two beds. Once was king size and the other queen/full. The beds were very comfortable. My son was able to spend the entire week with us! The staff was very friendly and so very nice. The pool and hot tub were wonderful and also very clean. Many restaurants nearby and easy to locate. I would stay here again! Great Value also!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Robin5656,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. Your comments on our performance and accommodations were most generous and shall be passed on to the staff members. It is always gratifying to welcome our men and women in the armed services back from their deployments. It was especially nice to be able to accommodate your family during this wonderful time. We are so very thankful for their service and for your families. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tacoma.