“The best staff in town!”

Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying at this motel for about 3 years now on a regular basis. The staff is absolutely first rate, including security. They are friendly, helpful and even gave me a ride to the airport when my cab didn't show up. (That's not normal) They go way above and beyond for their customers. I can walk in the door, and they know me by name, and have my room ready for me, including the temperature of the room, which has been adjusted to how I like it. From the gals who clean the rooms, to the manager, desk staff and security, as well as the folks who care for the grounds and maintanance, I have yet to meet a member who wasn't friendly, kind and helpful. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable with 2 queen beds- new!, a microwave and refridgerator. Thanks to the staff of this motel- they make every stay safe, comfortable and enjoyable. The pool, sauna, hottub and excersize room are available 24 hours, using your room key, and they provide big fluffy towels poolside for their customers. They have a really nice breakfast bar, including homemade waffles! Great place to stay for anyone searching for a clean, large, comfortable room in the Tacoma area.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the 3rd floor, but every room is similar, and I've stayed in many.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Ronnie L,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. Your comments on our performance and accommodations were most generous and shall be passed on to the staff members. We pride ourselves on superior customer service. Our employees are our greatest asset; they do such an outstanding job. I am grateful that you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tacoma.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was not familiar with this chain, so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasently surprised. Fom the beginning, we were greeted with a friendly smile by the staff, which continued throughout the entire stay. This was a short stay with our grandkids, but proved to be beyond our expectations. Even with the 2 beds, the rooms were large enough for room for the boys to play. The pool area was very well kept up, and the boys enjoyed it. The pool was our main reason for booking at this motel, but it turned out this was one of the reasons for staying at this motel. The breakfast consisted of hot and cold items, and was very adequate. What turned out to be a trip of uncertainity, turned out to be a great experience. The motel is easy to get to, as well as surrounded by numerous restaurants, to satisfy anyone's tastes. We will definitely consider this motel. and chain in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear roomchecker,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit to the Shilo Inn & Suites. Your comments were very kind. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. Our staff’s dedication to customer service is our most valuable asset. I will be sharing your wonderful letter with them. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tacoma.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to visit my son who was returning from Afghanistan. What a wonderful place and very clean. The room had two beds. Once was king size and the other queen/full. The beds were very comfortable. My son was able to spend the entire week with us! The staff was very friendly and so very nice. The pool and hot tub were wonderful and also very clean. Many restaurants nearby and easy to locate. I would stay here again! Great Value also!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Robin5656,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. Your comments on our performance and accommodations were most generous and shall be passed on to the staff members. It is always gratifying to welcome our men and women in the armed services back from their deployments. It was especially nice to be able to accommodate your family during this wonderful time. We are so very thankful for their service and for your families. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tacoma.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Traveled by myself (woman) to Tacoma to see my son return from Afghanistan. Could't choose which hotel - but decided on this one. Very pleased I did. It's very clean and I get squeamish easily over cleanliness of rooms. Bathroom clean and beds are new! BUT, the best part of this hotel was the staff. Didn't pass one member of the staff that wasn't smiling and friendly. That means a lot to me.

Also, asked for two beds - my son would be staying with me after returning home - and it comes with a king sized bed and a full/queen. Surprised.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Kimmaci,

Thank you for your sharing your experience at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. We pride ourselves on superior customer service. Our employees are our greatest asset; they do such an outstanding job. I am grateful that you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. Thank you for your patronage and I hope you will be able to visit with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here just one night and was flying out of SeaTac the mext morning. This hotel is close to shopping & restaurants, it's right off of I-5 and super close to the Tacoma Mall. My room was large and clean. Check in was a breeze and the person who checked me in was very friendly. It looks like they have updated recently; granite counters, new bedding and new furniture in the sitting area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear ladybugg73,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our accommodations and services. Your comments were very kind. You are so right; we are very convenient to the I-5, the Tacoma Mall, shopping and numerous restaurants. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Tacoma. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Employees are outstanding when it comes to customer service. We have been going here for years as it is a centrally located place for my family. The desk clerk J.J. we met on our first trip down. There have been years between trips and even tho, she always remembers us. She is not the only outstanding employee. Most will do anything they can to make your stay more enjoyable. Whenever we are traveling in this area, we stop here. The breakfast is great, and the value is great. It is a real deal with wonderful people. Who can ask for more???

Room Tip: We prefer the larger rooms with a sitting area for family when they come in. That way they don'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear trutrekker,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and service during your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.

It is always gratifying to know that our performance is appreciated. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Tacoma while visiting the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel is not as expensive as the Hampton Inn but the people here are wonderful. I once had to borrow to charge my phone luckily the front desk clerk was nice enough to let me borrow hers. The rooms themselves are decent enough for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Judith ~

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our service and accommodations during your stay. We consider are dedicated employees our most valuable asset. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Shilo Inn & Suites the next time you are in Tacoma. Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours.