“convenient location...close to I-5” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma

Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Vancouver
“convenient location...close to I-5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Room I stayed in was spacious, clean, and convenient. There is coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave, and wifi. TV is the old CRT type but works fine for me. Hotel is located next to I-5 but noise level is minimal. Front desk staff is friendly. Free continental breakfast. Large parking lot available for hotel guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
digipro78,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. We are the midst of a number of upgrades; we recently upgraded to new pillow top beds and will be installing new flat screen TVs and armoires in the near future. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Jo Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I just wanted to say something about amanda who works at shilo inn. She is always very friendly and helpful. I stay there frequently when i'm in town for work. It is a very nice hotel and the hot tub is realxing after a hard days work. Amanda and all the others treat me well and make me feel welcomed. Rex C.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Roxanne C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit to the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.
We consider dedicated and outstanding staff members like Amanda our most valuable asset. She was very pleased that you acknowledge her efforts. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit to Tacoma.

Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a night before shipping a vehicle in Tacoma. We were greeted warmly by Chelsie at the front desk and booked in quickly. Hotel is abit dated but everything is clean and functional. Stayed on fourth floor on side opposite to freeway which minimizes noise. Great pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Breakfast is your standard continental with waffles...good selection though. Breakfast area is kept immaculate and well stocked. Wi-fi on 4th floor didn't work too well, kept dropping in and out. They also have a computer station in front lobby but did not use personally. Elmer's directly across street and IHop, burger King close as well. Booked via Hotel.com. Should we visit Tacoma again we would definitely stay here. Kudos to the staff for making our stay pleasant and enjoyable!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mushhuskies
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Mushhuskies,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I am passing on your comments to the staff, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is our first stay at Shilo Inns. We will definitely choose them again. The reakfast every morning and the 24 hour pool and hot tub were very key to enjoying our stay in Tacoma.
We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Susan M,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I hope you will be able to visit with us again in the future.

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Amanda, Chelsea, JJ, Jo and the entire team at Shilo Inn Tacoma always make me feel like a welcomed guest. I travel on business frequently and this property is conveniently located with all of the amenitites I need nearby. Highly recommend a stay if you're in the south Puget Sound.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Keith S,

Thank you for your complimentary comments. We consider dedicated and competent staff members like Amanda, Chelsea and JJ our most valuable asset. They were very pleased that you acknowledged their efforts. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was appreciated. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bay Area, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our take on the Shilo Inn in Tacoma is that it’s an OK place, perhaps a little pricey for what you get. It is unremarkable in every way, not necessarily a great place nor a bad place. In fact, as I sit to write this review, I can think of very little to comment on other than the bed itself was very comfortable. And sometimes that is just what one needs. I’d stay there again, but I’d look elsewhere first to see if there were something with more character at the same rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bay_Area_Maximo
Dear Bay_Area_Maximo,

We appreciate your comments and hope you will stay will us at Shilo Inn Tacoma the next time you are in Tacoma. As you noticed, we recently upgraded to new pillow top beds and have more upgrades in store. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay. The room and service was excellent. Our housekeeper on the 4th floor was great. Room was so clean and I accredited it to her. I would stay there again when I come to Tacoma. Hopefully, the housekeeper who took care of the room will still be there. She deserves a raise in salary. Thank you, the hotel was just perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Madalyn W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and services during your recent stay. Your comments will be passed onto our staff. Our employees are our most valuable asset. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the future.