Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$109
ExtendedStay
$110
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$118
$115
$179
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubcomplimentary breakfastshayfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I got the Red Lion through Priceline. My flight got into Seattle late, and I was heading to Rainier the next day, so I was just looking for a cheap place to stay for the night. The staff at the Red Lion was very friendly, and I have no complaints. The room was clean and comfortable, and that's pretty much all I was looking for. I would definitely stay there again if the need arose.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2008

We booked our visit through the Red Lion website and got a great rate of $67 per night about a month in advance. I was a little worried about this hotel since many others were rated so much higher - but we loved our visit! And it's conveniently located right off of the freeway - but we didn't notice any noise during our stay.

The pool area is wonderful - with a pool that is actually heated and a nice hot tub. There were no others at the pool during our stay and my son & I had a great time.

The hotel room was nice except that the bathroom was very small. But otherwise, the beds were good and the room was clean.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area - as it was an excellent deal for the money!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2008

After reading some of the other reviews, I was a little concerned, but not overly concerned. I booked this hotel through Priceline, and actually stayed two separate nights (separated by 2 days). I was fortunate enough to get the room for 55 dollars the first night and 65 the second night. I was VERY happy with this price considering the website price was roughly 150 dollars.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with first room, a King room. It was extremely clean, well-decorated and smelled nice. There was a microwave and microfrige in the room, which was a surprise. The bathroom was clean, with the exception of a very small amount of mildew between the tiles in the shower in the corner. Other than that, it was squeeky clean. The provided shampoo, condition and body lotion was Bath and Body Works, Coconut Lime Verbena. The mattress was pillow top and as comfortable a bed as I'd ever slept in.

The second night was equally as nice, with the exception of the smell of fresh paint and the floor was squeeky, which I'm sure the people below us did not enjoy.

The staff was very pleasant and check in and check out were a breeze. The only problem I encountered with the staff was when the housekeeper tried to enter my room early in the morning, even with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. She kept trying and trying until I had to open the door half dressed to ask her to stop. She was considerably apologetic.

The business center was handy, offering two up to date computers, each with a printer.

The first downside to this hotel is the location. It is located right on Interstate 5, but there is not an exit directly at the hotel. It requires turning down a couple of different roads on get to the hotel, with the roads not clearly marked. I fortunately had a GPS which led me directly to the hotel. The hotel was previously connected to a casino which has since closed down. There is a large sign for the casino still up in the parking lot and only a small sign for the hotel. It is easy to misread this and miss the hotel.

The only other small problem is the breakfast area. There is plenty of area to eat, but the area to gather food is quite cramped if there are more than 3 or 4 people trying to get food. Otherwise, the waffles, cereals, juices and coffee were adequate.

I would definitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Overall, I'd say there are more positives than negatives for this hotel.

The lobby, although small is very welcoming and the people checking me in were nice. There are nice decorations throughout the hotel and you could tell they have tried to improve it. While I wouldn't exactly call them dirty, there were a lot of spots in the hallways and some worn down parts as well. It just took away from the work they did on the walls.

The biggest negative I've seen is the carpet. It's almost as if the hotel decided to renovate but didn't have enough money in the budget to do the floors.

In the room, everything appeared to be in good shape. The linens were about average and the beds were also fine. Not great, just fine.

The room I got was next to a parking lot which had a very bright light shining directly at my window. The curtains cut out most of the light, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

The room also does have thin walls. You could hear some of the louder trucks on the highway and I could also hear some kids running up and down the second floor.

Overall, I would stay here again if I had to, but I'll probably look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yesenia G, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2015

We wanted to start off by apologizing for the situation of your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review to further any future accommodations and to improve all of the aspects of the hotel. Thank You

Reviewed July 17, 2008

From the previous reviews, I was worried when my family selected this hotel to stay at while we were in Tacoma for a wedding. It turns out I was incredibly impressed! The room was very clean, spacious, has nicer than average furnishings, granite counters in the bathroom, etc. The wireless internet worked great in my room the whole stay (thank goodness! I needed to work while I was away, plus I got to upload wedding pics right away!) and all the staff were so friendly, everyone I passed in the hallways said "Hi". Breakfast ends at 9, so make sure you get down by then or you're out of luck, but if you make it, there are waffles plus standard continental breakfast fare, coffee wasn't half-bad either. We even took a dip in the pool & hot tub, and that was good, too. I wouldn't recommend this spot if you're looking to walk to anywhere, but if you have a rental car you're in good shape, right off the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family