“Awful experience”

Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“Awful experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter while my wife was in the hospital having our 2nd child. We both got ill after swimmimg in the pool. we had to pull the sheet off one of the beds after my daughter got sick in it and found a large blood stain on the mattress. the staff was less than helpfull in resolving any of these matters, stating they couldnt do anything for us because we booked our room through a travelsite instead of directly through them. We will never stay at a Red Lion again and wouldnt recommend this hotel to our worst enemy.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank famliof4
RLGuestRelations, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We have gone through series of renovations, room upgrades, and staff training to provide a great guest experience. It is very unfortunate to hear about your experience. I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your travels to Tacoma.

In improving our service and offerings, we would like to get more information on name of reservations and date of stay to help us pinpoint the issues.

We look forward to talking to you soon. I can be reach at 253.548.1212.

Thank you.
Ryan Kang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Vancouver
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fair conditions. The vent over the shower was not positioned in place. When the vent fan was turned on the bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. There was a potato chip on the floor near the side table, and I did not have chips in my room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma for a business trip last December. The location was very nice, very easy access on and off freeway.

When you first walk in, the lobby is very inviting and well furnished. The front desk staff were very friendly and nice. The service overall during my stay was great.

I enjoyed the stay overall. The price is good and the stay is comfortable. I would definitely go back for my next trip to Tacoma.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank CathyJiYeonChung
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Housekeeping walks around with walkies blaring in the hallway, other staff and guests will have long conversations in front of guest rooms, and worst of all, we were put in a room next to stairs that they were re-carpeting! All 3 were great ways to be woken up too early and we had one of each per day. Do some planning on booking rooms and some training on working in someones home. Thanks for the not needed edge on the business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J0hnEH
New York
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visited there for a family trip a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the stay.
It was very convenient because the hotel was located right next to a freeway but I was very surprise that the room was very quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. it was a good size for 3 of us. It also had a fridge and microwave in the room which was a plus. The Bed was clean and comfortable big enough for two people to sleep on (I had two queen bed).

My family especially enjoyed the indoor pool. They also had jacuzzi. The pool was big too.
I wish they had more options in their breakfast menu, it was a bit limited. They had waffles, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christine M
Port Townsend, WA
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay here during my business travels and I have no complaints. The location is very easily accessible from the freeway. The Hotel is safe, comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. They seem to have updated their interior decor with new linens, and the cleanliness of the hotel is always above and beyond my expectations. They offer free breakfast which is a PLUS when I need to rush to a meeting. Thanks for making it easy guys!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank johnnylim81
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I travel to the Tacoma area often to visit my daughter while in college, this was my first stay at the Red Lion Hotel. Let me tell you I've been missing out when I've stayed at other places, this is now the only place I will stay! From the staff to the pool/hot tub, everything was just above and beyond. On my stay there was what appeared to be renovations going on, and I was informed by the front desk that new carpet was going down in the hallways, it looked beautiful very nice pick! Keep up the great work Red Lion, I will be back next month.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family