“Worst experience ever”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Vancouver
“Worst experience ever”
Reviewed March 2, 2008

First of all my company booked the room for me. They were asked if the room should cover meals in the restaurant, lounge, movies etc. I was extremely surprised when I arrived and they had no restaurants or lounges. In fact they have nothing here. Next off the front counter person told me that the internet would be down for an hour or so as they are doing some work on it. Just then several people came down asking if it was back working again, and that it had been down for two days. Since I work in IT, I talked to the guy working on it. He was another front desk guy and knew practically nothing about fixing this thing. After some prodding, he eventually told me that a friend of his was going to come look at it tomorrow, and it would be down at least till then. The phones kept cutting me off and staying off for 10-15 minutes each time. They said they were resetting them for some reason. Im here for work and depend on the internet and the phone. I was stuck because the other hotels were booked up by the time I found out about all of this. Also, the cable only had a few channels working, and the pay per view was not working. Did I mention that the carpet was filthy and that there were strange little bugs in the bathroom on the floor...small with a round front and pointy end with lots of legs all along them. I dont know what they were but they were gross. All in all this was the worst hotel experience Ive ever had and I travel for my work a lot. Find a cheap rundown hotel for $50 rather than spend the $150 my company paid for this one and you will be much happier.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Bathroom bugs
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
RLGuestRelations, Director of Sales & Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, December 30, 2008
Please understand that the hotel is currently under new ownership and has undergone a complete renovation since this stay in March. Not only has the hotel undergone change, the staff has as well. At this time, we pride ourselves in a beautiful hotel with friendly and professional employees.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
poulsbo,washington
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Ok, Ive stayed at some wonderful hotels through my life and really bad ones also. I understand that some peoples garbage is another mans treasure. Well, I think anyone would agree with me when we say, this place is the pits. I don't mind older, but clean would be good. Also, once checking into room, nothing was plugged in, including my fridge. I'm ready to put my drinks into the Fridge, forget it, The fridge wont be cool for awhile. -
Then when getting back from our concert, the girls were hungry. Great the snack machine was broken. We go down into the lobby and the front desk has her kids playing in the lobby snacking on hot cocoa and oranges. It looked like I was interupting family time in there living room.I asked her If there was any place to get a snack, she replied No...Anything, No!
Maybe her curlers kept her from understanding me. Anyways, Long story short.-Do not stay here. Unless of course, you have a few enemies you could refer it to..

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lvtrvl1
Yesenia G, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, September 2, 2015
We wanted to start off by apologizing for the situation of your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review to further any future accommodations and to improve all of the aspects of the hotel. Thank You

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed December 16, 2007

We travel to the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia areas on a regular basis for junior tennis tournaments. We stayed at the Red Lion and while the room was clean with okay decor, I can't say that I'm in a rush to stay there for the next Tacoma tournament.

The hotel was okay, but the area was a bit doubtful. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, so I walked across the road to the pizza restaurant for take away. While crossing, two "hot rods" went roaring past me in a street race. Pretty dangerous. The hotel breakfast didn't look all that terrific, so we went to the next door Denny's. We didn't find the hotel staff all that welcoming either, they weren't unfriendly but they weren't friendly, either.

I don't think Tacoma has much to offer in the way of pleasant 2.5*-3* hotels, so next time I think I'll stay at the Clarion Hotel in Federal Way and just drive into the Tacoma tournament.

• Liked — clean, comfortable room
  • Disliked — staff and neighbourhood
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Wet_Coast1
Our hotel is now under new ownership since the date of this stay. With the new ownership came a complete renovation as well! In addition, our complimentary extended continental breakfast has been upgraded. Even our staff is new and we are very proud of their friendliness, professionalism, and committment to guest satisfaction. We currently do a great deal of sports team business and are also active sponsors of numerous sporting organizations. With our upgrades and renovations now complete, we've had huge success with teams and tournament attendees.