“Not bad Not Great, Its ok.”

Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The hotel itself is decent. The staff is friendly which makes up for a lot. It's in an so so area. You will have to drive a little to get to anything "commercial" (think malls, Wal Mart, Applebee's, etc.) but it's not noisy either considering it is right next to I-5 so that's good. I've stayed here on two different occasions and both times the towels smell funny. A couple of restaurants and a Dennys within walking distance. You could do worse at another hotel.

Overall, not bad.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank F5993GMericd

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was able to save my business half the price of a hotel room down the street at the Hampton Inn and have been pleased overall with the value offered by this hotel during 3 separate stays over the last 8 months. I had a great view of Mt.Rainier from my room (when the mountain wasn't in the clouds). The rooms were a good size, clean, though a little worn. The breakfast is adequate, the staff friendly, and the pool and hot tub
an unexpected pleasure. Rooms are reasonably sound proof, though the highway noise does penetrate sometimes from the windows. The only odd thing is half the hotel seems to be shut down from grander previous incarnation, but this doesn't interfere with operations.

Room Tip: ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room on the Mt. Rainier side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lindahVermont_USA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

power failed when blow drying our hair, the breakfast ran out of coffee both days and ran out of spoons milk exc. the rooms smelled like mold and were falling apart all the way down to the faucet fallling off the wall I will never stay here again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank freeride_426
RL_Tacoma, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us that our service didn’t meet your expectations. I apologize for not taking better care of you during your stay.

It is the goal of Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, to ensure our Guests have a pleasant stay.
Management has also taken the necessary steps and measure to assure this does not happen again.

Please feel free to contact me at 253) 548-1212 or email me at afaifai@redliontacoma.com as I would like to follow up with you directly regarding your stay.

Thank you very much for your feed back and have a good day.

Andrea M. Faifai
Front Operations Manager
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My family was in town for State High School Bowling Championships. The team and all family members who were able to go stayed here. This is what made my decision to stay.. By booking online and paying for the first night allowed me to obtain a great rate for the complete stay. The hotel was very clean, employees were awesome and quick to respond to any request. The pool was a nice bonus. The Wi-fi was also good. Had a fabulous time while I was there and having a great place to rest our head at night helped. The rooms were in fabulous shape. I look forward to another stay at this hotel...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed February 7, 2012

A large room, with a beautiful view of Mt. Ranier, helpful staff, and a wonderful breakfast. A great weekend getaway and a convenient location. All this at a budget price. Wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 208 excekkebt vuew if Mt. Ranier
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank angels81
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Aside from the big man w lots of kids and many waffles to make, it was a treat to stay here. I do, however, give the breakfast buffet a thumbs up. Our room was clean, spacious, and nice. The staff was friendly(the entire staff) and helpful. My boyfriend used his senior discount and the check in/out process went like clockwork. The hotel is close to the Glass museum, which we highly recommend, and the aquarium is a few miles close. It's not a bad are for sight seeing either. I really love the number of pillows provided(a chic thing) and I forgot to ask what make and model their beds are. OMG, cumfy, he and I both slept awesome. I do advise asking for a room not next to the elevator. It didn't bother us but it may for people who have sensitive hearing. It was a deep hum, not loud. Overall...A-

Room Tip: Get to the waffle maker prior to the opening of breakfast and if noises bother you, get a room away...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed January 11, 2012

out of expectation. good staff, pool, Jacuzzi. convenient location. one block to a large nice city park.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo