“Perfect Stay”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My wife and I spent our first night here on our Honeymoon while touring the pacific northwest and found that Hotel Murano gave us a perfectly comfortable night's sleep. The hotel has an edgy modern feel and very clean with comfortable beds. Loved our dinner at the restaurant. Only a few blocks from the waterfront.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Murano

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Wanted to do some planning prior to arriving so used website option to email for information--3 days later, no response from email question. Did get info after arriving, but not without some extra work on my part once I arrived!

Rooms are comfy. My room has a great view! Meeting rooms have no outside light or easy outside access so not as conducive to comfort for all day meetings as the rooms are.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
GlassHotel, Mark Van Cooney - General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Murano.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with requesting information through email in advance of your trip.

Please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further at 253.238.8000.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and the view of the city and our surroundings.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Warm regards,
Mark Van Cooney

Reviewed July 10, 2009

The old Sheraton building remains somewhat the same wxcept entryway is a done in glass. There is a fabulous collectionof glass throughout the hotel . The glass tis stunning and unexpected in what used to be a very plain hotel. Art greets you on each floor as you exit the elevator, the lobby has a variety of styles of glass art, the bathroom counter is glass. The rooms are very contempory and our room had a very nice couch. Front desk was efficient.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Stayed at here for a convention and it was superb. It's so incredible to be in an environment devoted to art that is so beautifully displayed in a modern, recently remodeled building.

The hotel is centrally located, but slightly uphill and tucked away. It's an easy walk to the streetcar, to the Tacoma Art Museum, The Museum of Glass, The Bridge of Glass, The Washington State Museum of History, the federal courthouse where the Chihuly is. You could be quite occupied with things to do for a very fun weekend. I believe the Broadway Performance Hall is nearby.

My room has a stupendous view of Mount Rainier.

My mother-in-law is a glass lover and I want to bring her stay a night or two in the Hotel Murano even though we're in Seattle. The hotel must have been designed by a museum curator -- the extensive collection of glass art is magnificently displayed. Each floor is devoted to a famous glass artist. There is even a recent Chuck Close painting in the lobby. Many treasures all around.

Also would make an easy romantic get-away. Can't wait to bring my husband here for a couple of nights.

My only beef is that wi-fi is not free and they make you use a fee ATM machine. Has a little bit of that nickle and dimed feeling.

Transporation-wise it would be AWESOME if you could take the SoundTransit from downtown Seattle to within a block or two of the hotel on Saturday or Sunday. Currently there is weekday service only.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2009

After reading some of the reviews I was a little hesitant, but since this hotel was located close to my cousin we were visitng we went ahead and booked it. I was pleasantly surprised, the lobby is very modern with beautiful art, in fact the art all over the hotel was fabulous. We had a deluxe king room and it was roomy and very nice. If you don't like the pillows on the bed, there is a pillow menu you can order from. The bathroom was nice, bath towels could be a bit bigger but other than that they were fine. We had a beautiful view of the bay. No problems with check in and we had breakfast at Bite with no problems, in fact the food was quite good and service was good. If you every stay in Tacoma I recommend the Hotel Murano.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I was looking for a nice place to stay for a wedding in the area, so location was the reason that we picked this place. It was a pleasant surprise to have it be so nice. I was blown away by the glass art and the style of everything. The price was great for what we got.

The rooms were great and made us feel like we were at special place. Everything was clean and modern and looked great.

We had breakfast and the waitress brought the wrong dish for my wife, but she said "It's almost the same as what you ordered." We didn't want to push or be rude, so we kept it, but wow. If you make a mistake, please acknowledge it and make it right.

The other service issue was when we checked out. We were charged for something from the honor bar that we didn't take. I asked to have that removed when we were checking out, which they quickly did.

Then I was showing my wife the new bill, impressed that they took that off without a problem, and I noticed that they charged me the wrong price for the room on 3 nights of the 4 night stay.

When I pointed this out to the counter person, she asked for my reservation paperwork. It was an email. She asked that I print out the email. Um, I'm packed and ready to walk out the door. How would I do that? She pointed out the business center around the corner. I was shocked at this point. Another person working behind the counter heard this, walked over, and whispered something in her ear. She then said "Yes, sir. We'll be happy to change that for you." and she changed it.

What was that about? I left angry. I shouldn't let that taint the whole visit because the rest of the stay was wonderful. As long as you check your invoice closely and don't order lunch from the restaurant, you'll be fine.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
GlassHotel, Mark Van Cooney - General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Murano.

I am pleased that overall your visit was pleasant. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in the restaurant, minibar charges and issues with your rate.

I would be happy to discuss these issues with you. I can be reached at the hotel at 253.238.8000.

I hope you will continue to choose the Hotel Murano for future visits to the Tacoma area.

Warm regards,
Mark Van Cooney

Reviewed July 2, 2009

My stay in Tacoma was exceptionally good because of my room at the Murano. I have traveled for business quite a lot, and this hotel was an unexpected pleasure. Modern, yet elegant and sophisticated. An IPOD docking station was in the clock radio - very convenient!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business