“Prime location”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Seattle, Washington
“Prime location”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Boutique hotel style, with a lavish décor through out the reception, hallways, and restaurant. Love the comfort in the rooms, spacious areas, great bedding, beautiful views and right in the heart of Tacoma. We enjoyed our stays at Murano, every time we go to concerts at the Tacoma Dome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback.

We appreciate your high marks, and as you may already be aware, there are some GREAT concerts coming up at the Tacoma Dome.

Perhaps we'll have the opportunity to impress you again real soon?

stan.kott@murano.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Why oh why do hotels..especially when they are 4 stars or 5?, never have enough staff to care for a full hotel? One elevator of 3 was down being replaced and 1 was out of order most of the time. We were on the 22nd floor and had up to 15 minute waits much of the time. The coffee bar had one wait staff and seats for at least 12. "This is the coffee bar and not really for breakfast" was what one of the servers told me. Of course the rest of the seats were taken. The one server behind the bar did her level best. The double scotch neat that my husband ordered at the bar was definitely not enough and all at our table agreed. The server said it absolutely was a double, but did come back later with another serving.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for your inconveniences related to our elevators and also for the less than stellar service that you experienced within our restaurant.

Typically, that team receives high marks and I am sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations. We always prepare our staffing schedules based upon anticipated business levels and occasionally, things happen that prevent us from being at our best.

We have indeed been challenged by an elevator being out of service for a modernization project that was expected to have been completed in July. We are working hard along with our related vendors in getting the 3rd elevator back on line as soon as possible.

I do hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Klamath Falls, OR
Reviewed August 17, 2014

From the very start, the valet service was wonderful.....walking into the lobby was like walking into an art gallery! We called ahead and asked for an early check in.....and they were able to make it happen! We were there for my great granddaughter's pageant.....it was very busy but all the staff was very helpful and cheerful. We ate in the restaurant and everything we had was delicious and plenty of it. It is in a good location with shops and restaurants within walking distance. Our room was clean and comfortable.....the view amazing! (we were on the 14th floor) If I had to say anything on the negative side....it would be there were 3 elevators, but seemed only one or two were working and they were very slow. I would recommend staying there and hope to stay again another time.....!

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Joan,

Thank you for the great review!

Aside from our elevator challenges, it seems as if you had an enjoyable visit and I appreciate you recommending us.

I do hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us in the future.

San Diego
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This unique property is visually stunning, from the exterior with it's giant soaring slab of blue/green glass, to it's multi-level lobby with even more handblown glass to every floor featuring a different international glass artist. The views of Mt. Ranier to the southeast are stunning too, especially from the high floors. The rooms are cool and trendy with all of the right amenities for a business traveler or tourist, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff all super friendly.

One very small nit...the AC thermostat unit in my room wasn't functioning properly and when I finally called down to the desk to ask for engineering to come up, it was too late in the evening (the engineers had gone home). Unfortunately, the front desk staff didn't inform me of this until my second call 45 minutes later. The very nice young man from security couldn't fix it, but offered to move me to another room if I wanted.

The next morning, I let the manager know what had happened, because I genuinely felt she would want to know (not because I wanted anything - I really didn't!). She was genuinely apologetic and offered me a later checkout. Quite unexpectedly, I received an email later in the day saying that she had "comped" my room because I didn't have a perfect experience at Hotel Murano! Wow! Now, that's what I call an outstanding commitment to guest service. Thank you Hotel Murano, well done.

For convenience to downtown Tacoma, total visual coolness and outstanding guest service ,you simply cannot do better than the Hotel Murano!

Room Tip: Hi floor facing Mt. Ranier
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Wow... thank you for your kind remarks and thorough overview of your experience with us.

I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding how our staff and management handled your unfortunate experience with the AC unit and I am quite pleased that they made an impression on you.

It is so important to us to receive feedback as to how we are doing and I sincerely appreciate the time that you took to write in to Tripadvisor.

Your descriptions of our service, artwork, guest rooms, and views are wonderful... and I hope that you can join us again soon.

Best regards,

Cooper City
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great hotel, the beds were wonderful. The staff was excellent especially the valets. Wonderful location in the heart of downtown Tacoma. Within walking distance to everything. The restaurant had delicious food with reasonable prices. Beautiful artwork throughout the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback.

We do have a great team here (everywhere) and I appreciate you singling out our Valets who continuously work very hard to take care of everyone.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable visit and I do hope you'll come back to see us again real soon.

Best regards,

USA
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Although I have not stayed at this hotel, I have had the fortune of visiting and dining at its FANTASTIC RESTAURANT (BITE), and I was so impressed by the interior that I HAD to submit this review. From the moment you enter the hotel lobby, I promise you will be in AWE of the beautiful interior and modern design. While I live here in Tacoma, I'm actually considering booking a night or two at the hotel just for the experience. And, I the restaurant is just an ADDED BONUS!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Thurman,

Thank you for the AWESOME feedback and compliments on your experience.

We are indeed quite proud of our restaurant and culinary style of our Executive Chef, Matt Stickle, and his team and I will certainly share your comments with him.

We will look forward to hearing from you again once you've had a chance to also enjoy a night or two in one of our fabulous guest rooms.

Thanks again!

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located near major roadways. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Room service was efficient and the food was good. Lisa in room service was especially helpful in getting an item on the evening menu that wasn't available at the time we were ordering. That's customer service! Overall the hotel is very comfortable and clean. We must agree with previous comments about poor elevator design, you may wait longer than usual for one. All things considered, we would certainly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the nice review.

I appreciate your kind remarks regarding our staff and I will be sure to share your comments about Lisa with her as well.

I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured regarding our elevators. Fortunately, that problem will be behind us soon as the full modernization project is almost complete.

Thanks for saying that you'd recommends us to others, and I do hope you'll be able to visit us again soon.