“Amazing Artwork throughout!”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Klamath Falls, OR
“Amazing Artwork throughout!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

From the very start, the valet service was wonderful.....walking into the lobby was like walking into an art gallery! We called ahead and asked for an early check in.....and they were able to make it happen! We were there for my great granddaughter's pageant.....it was very busy but all the staff was very helpful and cheerful. We ate in the restaurant and everything we had was delicious and plenty of it. It is in a good location with shops and restaurants within walking distance. Our room was clean and comfortable.....the view amazing! (we were on the 14th floor) If I had to say anything on the negative side....it would be there were 3 elevators, but seemed only one or two were working and they were very slow. I would recommend staying there and hope to stay again another time.....!

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Joan,

Thank you for the great review!

Aside from our elevator challenges, it seems as if you had an enjoyable visit and I appreciate you recommending us.

I do hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us in the future.

stan.kott@murano.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
San Diego
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This unique property is visually stunning, from the exterior with it's giant soaring slab of blue/green glass, to it's multi-level lobby with even more handblown glass to every floor featuring a different international glass artist. The views of Mt. Ranier to the southeast are stunning too, especially from the high floors. The rooms are cool and trendy with all of the right amenities for a business traveler or tourist, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff all super friendly.

One very small nit...the AC thermostat unit in my room wasn't functioning properly and when I finally called down to the desk to ask for engineering to come up, it was too late in the evening (the engineers had gone home). Unfortunately, the front desk staff didn't inform me of this until my second call 45 minutes later. The very nice young man from security couldn't fix it, but offered to move me to another room if I wanted.

The next morning, I let the manager know what had happened, because I genuinely felt she would want to know (not because I wanted anything - I really didn't!). She was genuinely apologetic and offered me a later checkout. Quite unexpectedly, I received an email later in the day saying that she had "comped" my room because I didn't have a perfect experience at Hotel Murano! Wow! Now, that's what I call an outstanding commitment to guest service. Thank you Hotel Murano, well done.

For convenience to downtown Tacoma, total visual coolness and outstanding guest service ,you simply cannot do better than the Hotel Murano!

Room Tip: Hi floor facing Mt. Ranier
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Wow... thank you for your kind remarks and thorough overview of your experience with us.

I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding how our staff and management handled your unfortunate experience with the AC unit and I am quite pleased that they made an impression on you.

It is so important to us to receive feedback as to how we are doing and I sincerely appreciate the time that you took to write in to Tripadvisor.

Your descriptions of our service, artwork, guest rooms, and views are wonderful... and I hope that you can join us again soon.

Best regards,

Cooper City
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great hotel, the beds were wonderful. The staff was excellent especially the valets. Wonderful location in the heart of downtown Tacoma. Within walking distance to everything. The restaurant had delicious food with reasonable prices. Beautiful artwork throughout the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback.

We do have a great team here (everywhere) and I appreciate you singling out our Valets who continuously work very hard to take care of everyone.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable visit and I do hope you'll come back to see us again real soon.

Best regards,

USA
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Although I have not stayed at this hotel, I have had the fortune of visiting and dining at its FANTASTIC RESTAURANT (BITE), and I was so impressed by the interior that I HAD to submit this review. From the moment you enter the hotel lobby, I promise you will be in AWE of the beautiful interior and modern design. While I live here in Tacoma, I'm actually considering booking a night or two at the hotel just for the experience. And, I the restaurant is just an ADDED BONUS!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Thurman,

Thank you for the AWESOME feedback and compliments on your experience.

We are indeed quite proud of our restaurant and culinary style of our Executive Chef, Matt Stickle, and his team and I will certainly share your comments with him.

We will look forward to hearing from you again once you've had a chance to also enjoy a night or two in one of our fabulous guest rooms.

Thanks again!

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located near major roadways. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Room service was efficient and the food was good. Lisa in room service was especially helpful in getting an item on the evening menu that wasn't available at the time we were ordering. That's customer service! Overall the hotel is very comfortable and clean. We must agree with previous comments about poor elevator design, you may wait longer than usual for one. All things considered, we would certainly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the nice review.

I appreciate your kind remarks regarding our staff and I will be sure to share your comments about Lisa with her as well.

I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured regarding our elevators. Fortunately, that problem will be behind us soon as the full modernization project is almost complete.

Thanks for saying that you'd recommends us to others, and I do hope you'll be able to visit us again soon.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We made our reservation online a few days before our stay and took advantage of the Staycation package which included parking, internet connection and two $20 certificates to the in house restaurant, BITE. On checking in the first question asked was "When did you make this reservation?" The clerk had a little trouble locating the record and fortunately I had printed the confirmation e-mail. Neither of the room keys (cards) worked when we arrived at our door. When we used the phone in the hall the desk told us we "would be put on a list". Fortunately we bumped into someone from the hotel engineering department who tested the cards, agreed they were defective and got a new set which did work. The bellman never came.

We were given a room with a King bed, a desk and one chair which is about all that could have fit. The room was located on the back side of the elevator shaft so we could hear the faint rumble of the elevators. This was not enough to disturb our sleep.

During our stay there was a beauty pageant for children from grade school age up to high school age. Some of the hotel staff told us that this group had booked about 90% of the available lodging space and filled the conference rooms and hallways. Despite a few very high strung parents the girls were fun to watch. The shear numbers created a lot of pressure on the hotel resources. Hallways were sometimes jammed with kids and parents trying to get to their next event, use public restrooms, or worst of all waiting for an elevator. Two of the three elevators were working so during high traffic times one could wait 15 minutes. Once on the elevator it would frequently stop at floors where no one was waiting, slowing the trip that much more.

The hot water in the bathroom was scalding hot and hard to regulate.

For the positives- The building is decorated borrowing from the themes of the nearby Museum of Glass. Novel and attractive. Most of the staff were helpful and pleasant. Beds were comfortable. The food in BITE was good. Internet connection by hotel standards was fairly fast. The location was convenient to Dale Chihuly's Museum of Glass, and the Washington State Museum. There is a free trolly system a block away which gives one good access to much of downtown Tacoma.

Room Tip: Make sure there is no capacity filling convention or similar event going on during your dates. Avoid...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReadingMan
Thank you for your thoughtful and comprehensive review of your experience with us.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences surrounding our elevators, and also for your faulty key cards.

We were indeed challenged this past weekend while hosting an annual pageant while having one of our primary elevators unavoidably out of service as part of a modernization project that had been anticipated to be completed by early July.

I truly appreciate your kind remarks regarding our staff, our beds, internet, and our restaurant. I am glad to see that you had some time to explore our surrounding area and that it appears that your overall experience was positive.

While it does not help with your experience, I am happy to note that our modernization project is nearing completion, and I am certain that if you were to provide us with another opportunity to be of service to you, you would find the experience to be more in line with your expectations.

Again, I apologize for a less than perfect experience.

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 12, 2014

What a unique boutique hotel! Beautiful art on each floor. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Our room was great! We had a view of Mt Ranier, the full moon, the museums, and more! We were in walking distance to restaurants like the Pacific Grill (very good!). Computers in the Business Room (to get your boarding passes) did not work, but the Front Desk receptionist helped resolved that. Self-parking was a bit annoying -- there's only one-way in/out from each level and, from what I could tell, only two levels; where there is no entrance/exit to the building or elevator on the second level. Parking was difficult to find -- maybe couldn't be helped because of the "National American Miss" contest. Three elevators were not enough for this particular weekend, but the staff tried their best to assist everyone going up and down. They did a great job, as did the Bites restaurant and Lounge in the Lobby area. Would definitely return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Lucy,

Thank you for your thoughtful review.

I am glad that you and your family had an enjoyable visit and that you had the opportunity to do a bit of exploring around our neighborhood.

I am sorry about your frustration related to parking, we do have over 350 slips spread out over three levels and the lowest level does connect directly with a hotel entrance for convenience when self-parking. It was indeed an extremely busy weekend, and I agree that parking was a challenge.

I appreciate your many kind remarks relating to our staff and will enjoy sharing your feedback with them.

I do hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future.