“Excellent Leisure Stay for family with small kids.”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Hartland, Michigan
“Excellent Leisure Stay for family with small kids.”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was our first stay at the Hotel Murano and we had a great experience. Check in went very smoothly and the front desk was very welcoming. Our room was well appointed, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Dinner at the main restaurant downstairs was excellent even though we entered five minutes before closing. We had one minor problem arise during our stay, but the staff addressed it quickly and professionally. We loved the hotel's location and great views of Mount Rainier. We would stay again if we are ever in Tacoma again! Keep up the good work! The art collections throughout the hotel are fascinating, especially the glass ships on the Lobby floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side that face Mount Rainier and the water have a lovely view (at least from the higher...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review.

I am pleased to see that you and your family were well taken care of and that you had an opportunity to also enjoy our restaurant, BITE, during your visit.

We truly appreciate your compliments, and that you will stay with us again if you are in Tacoma.

That is what we strive for... creating an experience that prompts a return visit!

Stan Kott, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Not only is the Murano a great hotel in a convenient location but there are beautiful glass pieces everywhere. Each floor has a featured glass artist, the lobby has a magnificent modern glass chandelier, several other pieces and off to the side 2 glass gondola hanging light fixtures. It was fun to just wander and enjoy. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The other highlight was that they support the local humane society and other pet owners with a fun evening doggie event complete with doggie beer!

Room Tip: I clicked pool and spa by mistake - I didn't see those.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your acknowledgement of our "Yappy Hour" program held in our lobby every other Tuesday from 5-6:30pm.

This program has been gaining much momentum and it has been quite fun for all involved.

I am glad you had a great visit and I hope you'll join us again.

Best regards,

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We only got to stay one night and from looking around, a few nights would of been nice. This is a museum hotel with great pieces on every floor including the walk to the lobby. The view from our room was nice, make sure you have your key because it operates the elevator. The rooms are nicely appointed and the robes in the bathroom are a nice touch. The room is very modern however very spacious. We had a great night sleep and the room was very quiet. We would definitely stay here again and maybe enjoy some of the amenities. I've heard internet was not included however it was for us. Also, parking is not included and I didn't see any place to valet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Tiffane,

Thank you for the great feedback.

It is always great to hear how we are being perceived, and you have touched upon several things that are very important to us and the services we provide.

I do hope you'll have a chance to stay with us again.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I went to Tacoma for the Complex Weavers Conference which was held at the Hotel Murano. I knew nothing of it until I got there. What I found was a lovely hotel, with very attentive service, great food, wonderful bartenders and art all over the hotel. There was something to see in every corner.

The rooms were lovely, with windows that opened a bit (nice, cool air!). The internet connection was quick to establish but required scrolling past the "pay me" part to get to where I could put in the username & password. The shower was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. The only downside was that one elevator was out and we overloaded the other two. Having all three working would have made things much nicer.

Room Tip: I had a nice view of Tacoma, but assume, on upper floors, that there would be a view of Mt. Hood...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Meg,

We are glad that you "found" us and that you clearly had a chance to enjoy much of what we have to offer.

You feedback and kind remarks are appreciated and I am happy to say that the modernization project with regards to our elevators is nearing completion. I am sorry that the project inconvenienced you and your colleagues during your visit.

We do hope that your Complex Weavers Conference returns again in the future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed over in Tacoma to visit the Museum of Glass, and were pleasantly surprised to find an impressive collection of art glass at the hotel. The hotel is well-designed and our room was comfortable with a great view of the redeveloped downtown and the harbor. Having spent the day traveling, we decided to try the hotel restaurant, and had a pleasant experience, with friendly and helpful staff and excellent food and wine. My only regret is that we only spent one night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thanks for your "Classy" review!

I am glad you had a chance to check out and enjoy our art work and also had the opportunity to enjoy our surrounding neighborhood.

There are indeed many things to do and see in Tacoma and throughout all of Pierce County, and I do hope you'll visit us again soon.

We appreciate your feedback!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I were well treated by all the staff, especially at the front desk and bar. Check-in was slowed by a computer issue because we didn't book directly with the hotel but we were were given free continental breakfast. The scallop appetizer at the bar wasn't warm when it arrived and our server let us choose something else as a replacement. The walls (both exterior and hallways) show some age but the rooms and public areas are quite nice. The main window in our room was clouded by hard water marks but the side windows provided a clear view of Mt. Rainier. I walked down all 25 floors stopping to view the glass art on each floor. It compares favorably with the Tacoma Glass Museum. A nice touch that other hotels should copy is the overhead night-light in the bath room. It is just the right level of brightness in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: The east side is excellent when Mt. Rainier is "out" as you can see some of the bay from t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and also for your kind remarks.

We are constantly striving to improve our services and feedback such as yours is very helpful.

I do hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again in the future.

Best regards,

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The interior design of this hotel sets it apart from most. What I don't like is when a hotel goes too far in trying to be special and misses the mark on basics. Having only one very small hand soap in a bathroom is not something I have ever encountered in my 20 plus years of traveling every week. Having a small refrigerator in a hotel room is something that is expected in 2014 but not at the Hotel Murano. Having just the basic analog TV stations and a smaller TV for a modern room is not what I was expecting either. The Holiday Inn Express has a much larger flat screen TV and twice as many channels that are HD.
The cost of $19 per day for valet parking is really absurd. I am willing to pay that if the valet has to go around the block to get my car but the parking lot is next door to the hotel. If you self park you only save $5.00. Are you kidding me?
I will say that much thought was given to how to make sure all rooms were soundproof. You can not hear a thing from the hall or other rooms when you are in your room.
Unlike other reviewers I found the staff mixed. Some were friendly whereas most were totally arrogant and could care less about helping guests. An air and attitude were more the normal.
Instead of trying to pretend it is located in a cosmopolitan city (Tacoma is not!), Hotel Murano should really think about the basics a guest needs and expects instead of concentrating on trying to pretend to be something and somewhere they are not.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with several aspects related to your visit and apologize for those staff members that came across as unfriendly.

Please know that your experience was not typical, and I do hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.