“Modern hotel, overall pleased”
Review of Hotel Murano

Hotel Murano
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great location, comfortable bed, big TV, and large windows. The AC did not get as cold as we would have liked. The bathroom is also pretty small--- we had a Jr. suite and so I expected something much bigger then just an average tub and vanity space. Valet parking is $19/day.
Their Spa is wonderful! My husband and I had massages and we were very pleased. Overall, nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for more views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingTexans007
Write a ReviewReviews (3,430)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Prob one of the worst beds ever. The sheets were too small for queen and after one minute would become a tangled mess. Ditto for the mattress pad which was also too small and kept bunching up. At 64 degrees the room was still stuffy and the comforter weighed a ton. Most uncomfy bed ever
Also front desk staff poorly trained. On a cold rainy Sunday night ,when I asked for a restaurant to go to she marked 5 on the map within about 4 blocks and after sloshing to them all EVERY
one was closed on Sunday!! When I returned sopping wet and told her she looked at me and said, "Bummer". Really??
When I cked out they never even asked how my stay was. Maybe they already knew!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Food-E
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

There are several things I came across, rude service and extremely slow service in the bar and bite. Fitness center for three days didn't have towels, rooms where extremely stuffy in temp.(tip open the windows and know the fan high), elevator key card swiper didn't always work. As a business traveler and someone in the hotel business and stay in all levels of hotels for a 4 star it was highly disappointing

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Elkco2009
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Yes, older women like to put on the air conditioning as we tend to get warm at night. I had a room with a great view on the 22 floor for 4 days. The valet staff was wonderful in getting out to help me upon arrival in the rain and getting all my things up to my room. I was happy. First thing I did was put on the sir to 60 degrees as it was warm in the room and yes, I keep my house cool and 72 is just too warm.
I went to bed and it still felt a bit on the warm side and figured it would get colder as the night progressed. I did set the wall controls to what I thought was 60 degrees.
At 3:29 am I am up and sweaty- and yes it is 72 degrees in the room and I cannot sleep.
I called the front desk...can you please tell me how to work the wall controls because I obviously do not have a 60 degree room.
Oh I did it right and her only solution is send up maintenance. I tell her I am not getting dressed at 3:30 in the morning for maintenance to work on an air conditioner so her solution- open the window.
I hung up as now I am frustrated. I had opened the window and there was no breeze. It did not help.
So I called back and asked for a fan. All they had was a small 7-inch fan. It did nothing to move any air. I was tossing the rest of the night as I had to get up at 6:30.
A little after 7am there was maintenance to fix the air conditioner...I was not quite ready to leave for the day and asked him to come back later.
So on my way out of the hotel for the day I stopped at the front desk and asked them to send maintenance back to my room to fix the air conditioner.
I also asked them to find me another room if they could not fix it as I could not sleep (toss and turn all night) like that again.
When I returned around 5:30 pm...you guessed it...maintenance had never returned to my room and there was no record of a request. The hotel is sold out...and they said maintenance would meet me at my roo.
A very nice man met me there and told me...THEY HAVE NO AIR CONDITIONING IN FEBRUARY!
They have hat or they have air. They do not have both at the same time because of the system they have.
I spoke with 4 people who never told me. Repeat...they never told me. Had someone told me in the morning I could have moved to a lower floor that might have been cooler.
Is the hotel nice? Yes. They have a really nice woman in room service. The wait staff in Bite were very attentive...hostess not so friendly. Food was very good.
But I have to say...a box fan would have made a big difference. I cannot be the only older woman who did not sleep well with the very warm room:)

Room Tip: Higher floors are very warm on temperate days and there is no air conditioning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent 4 days/3nights here for Madrona Fiber Retreat which basically takes over the entire hotel. Great, roomy 2dbl bedroom. We ate at their restaurant Bite several different times and it was always good with good service. Enjoyed the museum atmosphere with all the glass and other pieces of art. Very unique. Great public spaces to sit. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We were right next to the elevators and never heard a sound. That's unusual.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaGirl11
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have spent the better part of a month trying to make reservations for an upcoming event at the hotel and they have been soldout. I have called multiple times a week and spoken with just about the entire hotel and I have yet to have a bad experience. In the most recent weeks I have been working with "C" in reservations at the hotel.(Don't know if I can name an emolyee or not) She called me the moment a room opened up. I called back a couple days later to modify my reservation and she remember me like we spoke minutes before. Thank you "C"

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Loved the design and artwork throughout this hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, cool lobby and right downtown. Highly recommend and will return. Each floor had a different theme commemorating a different artist? Loved the flame curb appeal outside of the main entrance and the design of the lobby and front desk. Thank you! I will be bringing colleagues back to the area this fall and we will be staying here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo